RX 480 Not recognized correctly

vpac

104 posts in this topic

Device (RTC)
                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
                    {
                        IO (Decode16,
                            0x0070,             // Range Minimum
                            0x0070,             // Range Maximum
                            0x00,               // Alignment
                            0x02,               // Length
                            )
                    })
                }

check real time clock

i think have it here in forum, i see it in HP tread, i don't remember where, i'll check

MaLd0n:

Yes, the kext was on this forum. Here it is. 

I also saw this post in that thread. It has some information about a similar board (9341-8i). Mine is the 9361-8i and it seems like it uses the SAS3108 chip. I don't know what any of these are, but thought maybe it might help?

Hi,

would it be possible to support LSI megaraid 9341-8i card? It uses SAS3008 chip, PCI info looks like this

02:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic Unknown device 005f (rev 02)

Subsystem: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic Unknown device 9341

Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 32

I/O ports at d000

Memory at fb600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)

Memory at fb700000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)

Expansion ROM at fb600000 [disabled]

Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3

Capabilities: [68] Express Endpoint, MSI 00

Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data <?>

Capabilities: [a8] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask+ 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-

Capabilities: [c0] MSI-X: Enable- Mask- TabSize=97

Capabilities: [100] #1000

Capabilities: [005] #1000

I would like to help, but not sure where to start. Would it be possible to add support for it to this project or would it need a new one? What did you used as start, some linux open source driver?

Thanks
E.

SASMegaRAID.kext.zip

i just add id, if dont work, u need other driver, no chance with SASMegaRAID.kext

I see. 

That is not good news. What is involved in that? Does that mean that a kext will not work and it must be a file in the drivers64UEFI directory? I guess that is very difficult to do. I do not see anyone has made any drivers for it.

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n!

I am now able to get past the initial memory load with Thunderbolt enabled in BIOS and it is stopping when configuring the PCI bus. Do you have time to look at the thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316516-macos-sierrahigh-sierra-on-broadwell-eep-not-a-guide-but-maybe-a-working-in-progress/

and see if you have any ideas what might help me get past that and finish the boot?

Thanks

MaLd0n!

It booted for the first time with TB active. Under system configuration, it tells me no Thunderbolt drivers are loaded but at least it will boot!

I have had another member (fabiosun) helping me and with his help and your help it now boots. Do I need another DSDT or can I use it the way it is?

u can test same DSDT, if don't work u need extract new

I want to be sure I understand. I was able to boot when I removed the DSDT. You want me to put it back in and try to boot again?

If that does not work, how do I extract a new one?

I will try to put it back in and boot again. I will let you know!

MaLd0n

It is definitely something with the DSDT. When I put it back in, the system does not boot unless I turn off the TB in BIOS. When I remove the DSDT again, I can but with the TB activated.

What does the DSDT do? Is it necessary?

here we go

put in clover/acpi/patched

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

WOW!!!

Finally! With a few kind peoples time and help it boots with TB enabled. Do I need to do anything else MaLd0n? Is seems like everything is working well. My serial number says XX-MASKED-XX which is a little strange, but it works.

I don't know how TB works on the Mac. It says that no drivers are loaded so I don't know if that is the way it is until a device is attached or if it is not working properly. I do not have my TB 3 device yet so I can't try it right now.

My last problem I will not be able to fix without a driver for the LSI 9361-8i. I don't think this will happen so I will probably have to try the RocketRaid 3740a and sell the LSI if the 3740a works. The LSI is a better board, but without a driver it is not going to work.

ok... This should be easy and it is frustrating to spend so much time on something that really should be quick. With APFS, clover creates a few extra boot options that I would rather hide. I simply can not find a way to hide or remove them. I already have Legacy off in the GUI scan section and it did get rid of 4 options but I still have 3 APFS options that I would like to remove. I looked in the Clover section and could not find exactly what I needed and it would not let me start a new topic there so I'm hoping someone can walk me through this.

I actually figured this out and it turns out it is very easy. APFS creates 3 additional volumes. The names are Preboot, Recovery, and VM. Preboot had two Clover entries on my system and Recovery had one Clover entry.

If you open up your config file in Clover and go to the GUI section, on the right there is a section where you can add entries to be ignored. Just add two entries, one for Preboot and one for Recovery. They may need to be case sensitive... I'm not sure but that got rid of the entries for me and I only show my bootable operating systems. Took me way longer than it should have but hopefully this might save someone a little time.

lol...

Well I got most of what I wanted to get done accomplished, but I can't figure out how to change the name of the Clover boot options. I think I did the custom entry in the Clover GUI correctly but it simply does not change the name of the boot option. 

I've seen many posts on this and it seems pretty straightforward, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'm pretty sure I've got the right UUID and path, but I've tried 4 or five of them just to see if I had the wrong one. Seems like it should be easy but not for me I guess  :(