5 GHz support for Broadcom BCM9360CD / BCM4360, 10.13.2

6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a solution to get my 5 ghz wlan network up and running. I notice that under Windows 10 or previous yosemite installation everything worked fine. Now I switched to high sierra. WLAN works perfectly in the 2.4 GHZ band. Bluetooth works well, too. Does anyone have similar experiences with the same Broadcom network card?

I am happy about any help!

Best Regards

Hi,

Got Apple BCM94360CD here as well. Using 5Ghz and I rely a lot on BT, so I use it a lot. Been using this card for some years now.Everything works perfectly even on 10.13.2. 

I didn't get what exact issue you are facing. If you could be a bit more clear, please. 

:) 

Same here; 'have been running most of my laptop Hackintoshes on Apple's BCM94360CD for nearly 3 years. As expected, they work 100% OOB (BT + 2.4GHz + 5GHz) with all recent versions, from El Capitan to latest High Sierra. I just had to change the 5GHz channel on my wireless router.

I can not believe it. The tip with the channel change on the wireless router is the solution. And that although it worked smoothly with yosemite before without channel change

Thanks to everyone involved.

Unfortunately wlan does not work after waking up. 2,4 GHZ yes but at 5 GHZ remains inactive. Only when I restart the computer completely, then also the 5 ghz network works. Is there a fix for this problem?

My motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK

Looking forward to your answers.