dual DP screens not working.

YoYelloW

6 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm using a HP Z240, running 10.13.2. It works, but I only get video on 1 screen.

Im using 2 fullHD screen over DisplayPort.  1 works and the other one does not work, only during clover it shows a mirrored screen, during boot it goes to sleep.

The Motherboard is somewhat special of the Z240 SFF, it only has 3 Displayports as video out. Im not using a gfx card, just the intel graphics of the i7 6700, thus a 530.

I found this post describing some information regarding the video out ports, but so far I haven't figured out how to change this. Right now im using a clover folder from Maldon, he could not help me with the 2nd DP.

I figured I have to change the ports using KextsToPatch in clover but im not sure exactly how. if someone can help me or give me pointer it will be much appreciated.

I have been trying to get this to work by adding some ports in the KextsToPatch in the clover config.

so far no result. From what i have found now the default ports are all DP in the config, and these can be changed by pathing them. This would mean thati do not need changes as i actually do have 3 DP ports.

I have tried with and without intel inject, added the ig-platform-id.

i tried removing IntelGraphicsFix.kext, no changes.. :(

Still only 1 screen survives mac os boot... and i cant figure out why the other ones goes black...

anyone got ideas?

Hallo,

I have 2 dp and both monitors work, on all as yours. The trick is to switch on the monitor when it is near the login screen, the second monitor turns on after a blank.

natively they both turn blank if both switched on from boot.