Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YannisKrp

What's the best Mini-ITX motherboard for 1150 socket?

1 post in this topic

What is the best Mini-ITX motherboard for my i5-4460 (replaceable Broadcom chip, if it's possible m.2)? I'm planning to make a Mini-ITX hackintosh inside a Streacom F1C. Is the F1C Evo taller than the F1C and is there any way i can fit a GPU inside it (PCIe raiser etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hackintosh_builder
      Hello, I want to build a high-end Hackintosh workstation. CPU is i7-8700K, RAM is G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ, GPU is Nvidia EVGA 1080Ti. Between the Asus Prime Z370-A and Strix Z370-E Gaming, which do you recommend? I know the Z370-E Gaming has wifi but it seems that it may not work on the Hackintosh. I may need to order a separate usb wifi dongle. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    • By oliveiro
      Hi community !
      Is anybody successful with 10.13.x and multiple GPUs on a desktop hack ?
      My main rig (see in signature) HD4600 + GTX550Ti + GTX560 is working perfectly under 10.11.6 and 10.12.6.
      Very simple to install, Intel IGPU set to active and primary in bios, inject intel and igplatformid in bootloader (enoch or clover), no nividia injection, since Fermi GPUs are natively supported. Smbios set to iMac14.2 for my Haswell CPU, and to avoid AppleGraphicsDeviceControl devices unloading.
      But from 10.13.0 to 10.13.3, system boots fine until login screen where WindowServer crashes with a "no MTLDevice" error (MeTaL device I guess). I could workaround that error by unloading nvidia devices in AppleGraphicsDeviceControl, but that kind of defeats the purpose, since only the IntelHD4600 can then be used.
      10.13.4 brings a little improvement, desktop can be reached, all 3 gpus active (AppleDisplay instances appear in IORegistryExplorer for Intel and Nvidias) but only Intel HDMI output shows desktop correctly, both nvidias (HDMI or DVI output) only show a black desktop where the mouse pointer can be moved normally. Displays can be arranged, orientation and resolution can be changed, as if everything was fine, but it is not.
      Console shows the following repeated messages :
           WindowServer (Skylight) : Unable to composite display surface due to null compositor.
           WindowServer (CoreDisplay) : [ERROR] - Attempting to get capabilities from capabilities with no devices
      Does anybody have an idea on how to avoid or workaround these errors ?
      Thanks !
      O.
      Things I've tried:
      Bios Graphic Devices order changes (breaks everything unless IGPU is primary) nvidia injection in bootloader (fails in enoch, disables secondary nvidia GPU outputs in clover) Smbios changes and/or AppleDeviceControlPolicy plist edits (simply enables or disables nvidia outputs) nvidia official or web drivers (no changes at all, even though webdrivers are properly loaded ; requires nvram emulation with enoch) enoch or clover (no difference except clover boots a bit faster - than enoch with nvram - thanks to proper UEFI boot I guess) lilu intel and/or nvidia and/or coredisplay graphicsfixups (no visible changes but graphics devices names, and thus enables or disables AGPM) use binaries from Sierra 10.12.6 for CoreDisplay and/or Skylight frameworks (never reached desktop) NVIDIAeGPUSupport (no changes)
    • By hackintosh_builder
      Hello, I am interested in building a Hackintosh using Threadripper. Could you please recommend good motherboard(s)? Is there one that is fully compatible with the Hackintosh?
    • By Angelo_
      HI, i've installed high sierra a while ago and never really used it that much but i got bored of w10 so i've decided to use it as my daily driver for a while and i noticed that usb 3.0 ports don't work with usb 3 devices and only with usb 2.0 devices(capped at the 480mb/s limit of usb 2.0), is there a way to get past that? i couldn't find it in this forum, i don't need the speed that much for right now(even tho i might since i shoot in raw and usb 2.0 is slow for file transfer of big photos or videos i take on holidays or on days off)  but i'd like to at least be able to use the usb 3.0s with my usb 3 devices and hub. 
      Hope that i write this post correctly, english is not my main language.
      ps  i don't need because i'm on lan but does it exist a driver/kext for intel wifi/bluetooth combo integrated in my z87 mpower(centrino 2200) ? bluetooth works already.
    • By zzmadd
      Hi,

I'm looking for a suggestion on a Ryzen motherboard in the mITX form factor that's most compatible with Hackintoshing High Sierra.
      Especially:
      - reliable multiple sleep / wake cycle must work without issues
      - USB2 and USB3 must be very reliable on peripherals and external discs
      - no kernel panics
      - M2 slot for Nvme drive
      - Wifi / Bluetooth on M2 PCI so to allow for swapping with original card

otherwise with regret I'll have to switch to Intel..(