App to Compare DSDT Files?

mnfesq

5 posts in this topic

I am running High Sierra version 17B46a.  I have two DSDT files for my laptop.  One allows sleep/wake to work but does not recognize one of my two USB hubs.  The other recognizes both of my USB hubs but sleep does not work.  I would like to know if there is an app that will allow me to load both DSDT files and compare them so that I can try to figure out how to get the best of both and have both working sleep and USB hubs.  (I have looked in the obvious places, such as the DSM methods for EH01, EH02, XHC and found nothing that would cause this problem.). Thanks.

save both contents as *.txt file, then install diffmerge.app and compare both txt files, then transfer the appropriate changes to one of the * txt file and then start maciasl.app and paste the content of the txt file i to the dsdt etc ....

• Like 3

You may be on the right track but I'm not there yet.  I downloaded an app called Beyond Compare but it's not giving me a very meaningful output.  More suggestions are welcome but I will work with the diff function you mentioned.  Thanks.

save both contents as *.txt file, then install diffmerge.app and compare both txt files, then transfer the appropriate changes to one of the * txt file and then start maciasl.app and paste the content of the txt file i to the dsdt etc ....

I will try the text conversion.  Hopefully, it will provide more meaningful results than trying to load dsl or aml files.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...