Getting Stuck at kextd stall [0] (60s) 'AppleACPICPU'

6 posts in this topic

I have I 4930k cpu

Asus x79 Sabertooth.

32 gigs ram

EVGA nVidia 710 Graphics card

Originally installed with 10.12.3. and Clover_v2.3k_r3961 UEFI boot

Updated to 10.12.6. Boot got stuck at kextd stall [0] (60s) 'AppleACPICPU'

Then updated to Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4221, and problem solved, OS worked as it did with 10.12.3

The got final release of High Sierra from iTunes v13.0.66, and updated OS. Update went smoothly

Now on boot, getting stuck at kextd stall [0] (60s) 'AppleACPICPU'

Below is the screen shot of where it gets stuck.

Followed the new install guide in the 10.13, changed smbios to MacPro 6,1 added apfs.efi

Still gets stuck. after a while, the screen just goes black

Here are the pics

I have I 4930k cpu

Asus x79 Sabertooth.

32 gigs ram

EVGA nVidia 710 Graphics card

Originally installed with 10.12.3. and Clover_v2.3k_r3961 UEFI boot

Updated to 10.12.6. Boot got stuck at kextd stall [0] (60s) 'AppleACPICPU'

Then updated to Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4221, and problem solved, OS worked as it did with 10.12.3

The got final release of High Sierra from iTunes v13.0.66, and updated OS. Update went smoothly

Now on boot, getting stuck at kextd stall [0] (60s) 'AppleACPICPU'

Below is the screen shot of where it gets stuck.

Followed the new install guide in the 10.13, changed smbios to MacPro 6,1 added apfs.efi

Still gets stuck. after a while, the screen just goes black

Here are the pics

Where did you place your kexts? In 10.13 or in Other. If you put the kexts in 10.13, try by moving them to Other.

Guest ricoc90

Make sure you updated Clover. Older versions do not have High Sierra support. Also, like foskvs mentioned, put your kexts in Other to install. Clover has issues with recognizing the macOS version from the installer, thus can not inject from the 10.13 folder.

Well, I am not sure what I did. lol. To clarify, I am updating from a working 10.12.6 install.

After posting this thread I copied all the kexts to the Other folder, AND changed to product name to MacPro 6,1. It stopped getting stuck but then during booting in verbose mode, it went through normal loading, and then the screen went black and the HD was going for about an hour. I fell asleep and woke to a black screen. I tried again and changed the product name back to MacPro 5,1 (what it was in 10.12.6 before updating) used CLOVERX64-High.efi instead of CLOVERX64.efi, and it worked.

Only issue now, is the HD is accessing constantly, which I am guessing it might be spotlight might be indexing. I just shut that off and all is good.

BEST Part: The issue in 10.12.x with Screen sharing that caused the Option and other control keys not to work correctly has finally been fixed.

Well, Yes, I was using Clover_v2.4k_r4221 for 10.12.6, and that seems to be working with 10.13. I also have Clover_v2.4k_r4259 and just downloaded the Clover_v2.4k_r4268 you linked, but notice you have r4271 in your profile. Is that the current one?

As I suspected, I updated to Clover_v2.4k_r4268, switched the kexts to the 10.13 folder, used the CLOVERX64.efi that the latest Clover installed instead of the CLOVERX64-High.efi, and all was well.

As with going from 10.12.2 to 10.12.5, the correct version of Clover solved all the problems.

Thanks for your help.