Success with GA-EP35-DS3L

snifferdog

9 posts in this topic

I have - finally - succeeded in installing the High Sierra beta on this motherboard.  Booting the installation USB stick with Enoch did not work (instant KP) but Clover works correctly and lets you install.  I then switched to Enoch once I had a working install because Clover interferes with my PS/2 mouse and disables ethernet when booting Sierra.

I had to replace AHCIPort.kext with the one from 10.12.6 in order to access my second internal disk drive, and you will need this shell script to get your audio working:

audio_realtekALC-120_v1.0d.command.zip

If anyone wants my Enoch .plist files, DSDT.aml and the contents of my /Extra/Extensions folder just ask and I will post them here, but I found that the ones I was using for Sierra worked fine.  Everything works (audio, ethernet, DVD) except for sleep and, so far, no crashes.

Edit: Video is an Nvidia GT9400 and processor is a Core 2 Duo E8400.  The board has an ICH9 chipset.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is great, I have the same motherboard but I thought that Sierra and High Sierra kernels were not compatible with Core 2 Duo Conroe processors... See here http://netkas.org/?p=1448

In any case, could you post those files here? Thanks 

Edit: Nevermind, you have a 45 nm CPU with SSE4, despite similar names.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just checking if anyone has had success with Mojave or newer on this old 775 board. I've tried to get clover usb installer to boot but about 40 sec into verbose screen goes black 15 or seconds and restarts back into bios boot screen. I have a GT710 video card which is suppose to me Mojave compatible. I've tried all the usual suspects with and without whatevergreen.kext, lilu.kext, nv_disable=1 boot arg, inject Nvidia true and false. Now I'm just looking for someone that has proof of concept that it can be done on this Mobo. CPU is E8500

• 1 month later...

Doesn't work, I tried it with a known good config.plist from High Sierra.  It got most of the way through the boot process, then rebooted.  I think the CPUs supported by this board (I have a Core 2 Duo) are too old to run Mojave.

Edited by snifferdog