Immediate wake from Sleep - Wake reason: GBE USBE

cobradera

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I recently bought a Broadcom BCM94360CD WiFi + Bluetooth card from here.

After plugging the bluetooth USB on the motherboard the computer is now waking from sleep instantly. 

As a wake reason, I had: 

2017-09-05 22:36:57.411193+0300 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: GBE USBE

2017-09-05 22:36:57.411195+0300 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: GBE USBE

I found on insanely mac a patched DSDT for my motherboard here and i downloaded the file AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15.7z.zip 

After putting the DSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, now  I get the following wake reasons:

2017-09-09 16:33:49.448410+0300  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: GBE UHCI

2017-09-09 16:38:27.775304+0300  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: EHCI UHCI

My current specs are: 

MB: Asus P6T Deluxe V2

CPU: Intel i7 930 @2.8Ghz

GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX275

Can you point me in some direction to try and fix this ?

Thank you!

Hi,

Adjust the PRW (Method or Name, it depends on the edits) in the dsdt according to this: 

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                0x1B, 
                0x03
            })

For the devices: GBE, UHCI and EHCI, this should resolve the issue. 

Tried it and it goes to "sleep" just that it's like a complete shutdown. When pushing the power button again, the fans keep spinning and it's not starting.

What other values could I change there ? Is there a list of them ?

Edited by cobradera

Tried it and it goes to "sleep" just that it's like a complete shutdown. When pushing the power button again, the fans keep spinning and it's not starting.

What other values could I change there ? Is there a list of them ?

No list i know of. 

The fan spins, with not starting you mean that the display does not power on? And it did before editting the DSDT? Did you make the changes in the devices i described or to all the prw methods?

Yes, the display does not power off and the fans spin at top speed. 

Before editing the DSDT, it immediately woke from sleep, and after pressing a key on the keyboard or mouse click, the image would show up on the screens.

I did all the changes yes.

After patching something (good?) did happened because it behaved like it went to sleep even though it completely shut down. 

Maybe there are other values to put in PRW / GPE but I can't find any on the web.

One question: You recommended that I put some new values in the PRW method. How did you knew what values to put there ?   

Edited by cobradera

There are, but i can not find them either, i used values from my own systems. You really should not replace all the values, just the devices mentioned before. 

Since you downloaded a dsdt, start over, this time remove the prw from the devices instead. If that resolves the issue we only need to look for the correct values. 

There are, but i can not find them either, i used values from my own systems. You really should not replace all the values, just the devices mentioned before. 

Since you downloaded a dsdt, start over, this time remove the prw from the devices instead. If that resolves the issue we only need to look for the correct values. 

Nope, still the same. Deleted PRW and the log still says this:

2017-09-09 21:10:14.530796+0300  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: GBE UHCI

However, I think that some of those values could do the trick. Just have to figure out what values work.

It would be great if you could find what possible values are allowed there, or any other suggestions you have.

Edited by cobradera

I got it to sleep partially It is now going to sleep and waking up properly and bluetooth is powered on also.

It is now going to sleep and not waking up but the bluetooth device is not powered on when waking from sleep and it shows up as Not available. 

I played with the values in PRW and now it's not waking up instantly anymore.

Here are the current values:

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                {
                    0x0B, 
                    0x03
                })

What I understood is that in this case, the first argument 0x0B is the name of a method in the GPE scope which gets called and wakes the system from sleeping.

So, Initially I had 0x0D which took me to the method _L0D and was causing instant wake 

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE
            {
                If (\_SB.PCI0.EHCI.PMES)
                {
                    Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.EHCI.PMES)
                    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHCI, 0x02) // Device Wake
                    Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02) // Device Wake
                }

If (\_SB.PCI0.UHCI.PMES)
                {
                    Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.UHCI.PMES)
                    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHCI, 0x02) // Device Wake
                }

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.GBE, 0x02) // Device Wake
            }

So I decided to change the call to another method above, in my case _L0B

Method (_L0B, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE
            {
                Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PCIB, 0x02) // Device Wake
            }

Thanks for the help!

Edited by cobradera
  • Like 1

Hi,

Glad you got it to work, do you have a source or your findings? Might help others in the future. 

I'll install OS X tomorrow so i can actually have a look at DSDT's, atleast the information pointed you in the right direction :)

Sure, here is the DSDT attached. Let me know if you need anything else.

DSDT.aml.zip

• 4 years later...

That explanation doesn't make any sense as to how you fixed it. Where di you initially have 0x0D?