new possibilities for X79 AppleACPIPlatform panic

69 posts in this topic

hello, world

I have one of those chinese boards, namely 3.5B

Everything is working good, here is my darwin's dump: http://rgho.st/private/87y5TQqwm/708e722405be697706d76cd077f3a2b7

but the only problem is that I cannot get my hack to even TRY to sleep, it only puts the display to sleep

in Windows I can get it to hibernate and that works. sleep after messing around with the bios is acheivable, though initially it wasn't, but it has the bug of the cpu cooler not stopping

in macOS i i don't even know if it can hubernate, because the thing won't try to.

what are the ACPI tables missing for the system to assume the possibility of sleep?

Edited by rotoyouoio

Actually, my mobo only have S1 state of sleep, during which:

• Net card / Video card / Sound card stop working

• CPU fan keep running / USB power on

I searched Google for a long time and finally found a Russia forum here in which they modified the BIOS and inserted S3 status of sleep while adding tons of optimiations and updates. However, his BIOS is not suitable for my mobo.
Meanwhile he wrote down what he did to that bios, i have read them but cannot figure out how to do that on my BIOS rom. So it would be huge kindness if anyone willing to modify the BIOS according to that forum.

On 12.04.2018 at 4:36 PM, cheneyveron said:

Actually, my mobo only have S1 state of sleep, during which:

• Net card / Video card / Sound card stop working

• CPU fan keep running / USB power on

I searched Google for a long time and finally found a Russia forum here in which they modified the BIOS and inserted S3 status of sleep while adding tons of optimiations and updates. However, his BIOS is not suitable for my mobo.
Meanwhile he wrote down what he did to that bios, i have read them but cannot figure out how to do that on my BIOS rom. So it would be huge kindness if anyone willing to modify the BIOS according to that forum.

i pm'ed that guy, since I'm also russian, waiting for him to answer, how he flashed modded defaults.

meanwhile, I found an s3 ssdt from an imac and with that it enters sleep with powering down all the fans, but it fails to exit sleep EVEN in windows. but my guess is that changing that setting in BIOS rather than reporting it to the system with an SSDT has more chances of being successful

i pm'ed that guy, since I'm also russian, waiting for him to answer, how he flashed modded defaults.
meanwhile, I found an s3 ssdt from an imac and with that it enters sleep with powering down all the fans, but it fails to exit sleep EVEN in windows. but my guess is that changing that setting in BIOS rather than reporting it to the system with an SSDT has more chances of being successful

Can you share that ssdt with us? Maybe we can figure out how status changes between the hardware controllers in S3 state.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

@cheneyveron, big thanks 2 days searching why this DSDT will not load on high sierra.

Oh by way , i'm experiencing a freezed wake up on my X79 board. Bios code on board is cycling to d6, meaning VGA card not working. Any Clue with X79 only amd dgpu ?

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2017 at 6:11 PM, cheneyveron said:

Hey guys! Super good news for X79 friends!

I solved my problem by modifying my dsdt finally.

Before editing, it looks like this:

After trying, just delete the following lines from you dsdt will do the same job:

Store ("CPUSCK0", CUU0)

Store ("CPUSCK1", CUU1)

Store ("CPUSCK2", CUU2)

Store ("CPUSCK3", CUU3)

Reply if it helps, cheers :) 

Hi Cheneyveron,

Thnx for finding this fix. Just updated to 10.13.5 (from 10.12.6) because i need the Final Cut Prores Raw update.
This fix worked but only with the clover/config method from fft2d. Not by deleting the part from my dsdt.
I’m using dsdt/ssdt from Rampage Dev and i don’t have the “Store ("CPUSCK0)" part in my ssdt!!

Can you point me in the correct direction to move the fix to the ssdt file?

Giga x79-ud3, e5-1650v2 (Bios pm patch)

SSDT-1.aml

SSDT.aml

Edited by t2m

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 9:16 PM, t2m said:

Hi Cheneyveron,

Thnx for finding this fix. Just updated to 10.13.5 (from 10.12.6) because i need the Final Cut Prores Raw update.
This fix worked but only with the clover/config method from fft2d. Not by deleting the part from my dsdt.
I’m using dsdt/ssdt from Rampage Dev and i don’t have the “Store ("CPUSCK0)" part in my ssdt!!

Can you point me in the correct direction to move the fix to the ssdt file?

Giga x79-ud3, e5-1650v2 (Bios pm patch)

SSDT-1.aml

SSDT.aml

On hold, replace everything.

DSDT.aml.zip

SSDT.aml.zip

SSDT-1.aml.zip

Edited by korlione2009

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 2:11 AM, cheneyveron said:

Hey guys! Super good news for X79 friends!

I solved my problem by modifying my dsdt finally.

Before editing, it looks like this:

post-1567413-0-94451200-1504109345_thumb.jpg

Just delete Device (SCK0) to Device (SCK3) and other things in the red box.

Finally after modifing, all Processors are directly inside _SB instead of _SB.SCKN

Don't forget the quote behind the last Processor C00x.

After trying, just delete the following lines from you dsdt will do the same job:

Store ("CPUSCK0", CUU0)

Store ("CPUSCK1", CUU1)

Store ("CPUSCK2", CUU2)

Store ("CPUSCK3", CUU3)

Reply if it helps, cheers :) 

Mate you're my saviour, thank you so much for this method. Works perfectly on X9DAi with 2 Xeon 2670s.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey folks, I have a Gigabyte board as well, GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI with i7-3930k.

I get the AppleACPIFamily panic, despite having tried the 'fix headers' option and dropping MATS instead of DMAR. Can anyone share any files to help me boot up the installer? I can't even complete the installation. I've attached my EFI. Thanks!

EFI.zip

• 5 months later...
On 9/4/2017 at 6:36 PM, x.di said:

@Arkanis Give it a try :) Do not replace AppleAHCI or IntelCpu . With this EFI you will be able to Install and boot vanilla HighSierra and everything will be patched for you :)

EFI.zip

I've spent three days trying to upgrade from 10.12 to 10.13 with my GA-X79S-UP5 but couldn't even get to the installer.  AppleACPIPlatform KP's.  Now at least it's installing.  Had to throw out most of the "Other" kexts and update the FakeSMC but that wasn't surprising given the different machine I'm on.  Thanks!  Keeping my fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

@x.di I just wanted to thank you VERY much for posting your EFI folder. Finally tracked this thread down and took the time to update (and make work) my system. Everything is SO freaking smooth now. I had to upgrade a few kexts to get Mojave going, but it all looks good now. The full EFI is 24MB so let me know if you want it.

@cheneyveron All my cores look like they are working...

$ sysctl -n hw.ncpu

Edited by justroach
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 4:17 AM, abds69 said:

@cheneyveron, big thanks 2 days searching why this DSDT will not load on high sierra.

Oh by way , i'm experiencing a freezed wake up on my X79 board. Bios code on board is cycling to d6, meaning VGA card not working. Any Clue with X79 only amd dgpu ?

Sleep and wake up is a problem if power management is not ready. Otherwise maybe you should check your bios settings?

• 1 month later...

OK, so I tried to update to 10.14.5 and there is some sort of panic and then the system reboots. I can't get a good picture of it, but I figured I'd ping this group and see if anyone has seen this already. I'm going to search for how to pull logs from the machine so I can see what that error is, but if anyone wants to help me cheat and give me the answer on that I would be grateful. :)

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2019 at 6:59 PM, justroach said:

OK, so I tried to update to 10.14.5 and there is some sort of panic and then the system reboots. I can't get a good picture of it, but I figured I'd ping this group and see if anyone has seen this already. I'm going to search for how to pull logs from the machine so I can see what that error is, but if anyone wants to help me cheat and give me the answer on that I would be grateful. :)

Just wanted to say I have had to roll back to 10.14.4. so far could not get past a panic on 10.14.5 (after fixing AICPUPM) I tried more things then I can remember now. Might just stay put for a bit on 10.14.4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I have an JingSha X79-P3 motherboard with a Xeon E5-2630L v2 CPU (6Cores/12Threads 2.4GHz) (I will replace it soon by a E5-2667 v2 8Cores/16Threads 3.3GHz)

Most of your patches seems to be for v1 CPU (Sandy Bridge), and mine is an Ivy Bridge like in a real MacPro6.

Can I apply these patches to Ivy Bridge CPU? Or I need other patches?

In my BIOS, ACPI was configured as "S3 Only" and "Enable Hibernation".

I try following Clover patches in ACPI section of Clover Configurator:

CUU0 find* 700D4350 5553434B 30004355 5530 replace* 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000

CUU1 find* 700D4350 5553434B 30004355 5531 replace* 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000

CUU2 find* 700D4350 5553434B 30004355 5532 replace* 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000

CUU3 find* 700D4350 5553434B 30004355 5533 replace* 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000

but this change nothing, the computer go to sleep but when I clic on the mouse's button the system seems to wake, but the screen stay black and the diag digits on the motherboard was blinking (like letters/numbers change hyper quickly) instead showing AA.

Sleep/wake work perfect with Windows 10 (on an independent disk, boot don't pass by Clover)

Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103), Clover r5114, 

JingSha X79-P3 motherboard, Xeon E5-2630L v2 CPU, 2x16Gb Attermiter Reg ECC RAM (Samsung chips), XFX Radeon RX580/8Gb, SSD 240Gb Kllisre SATA, SSD 500Gb Samsung 970Evo+ NVME

I have also some problems with USB:

or I have the USB2.0 working and the USB3.0 don't (when I plug an USB device in, the following message appear: "USB peripheral needs power, plug it in an USB port of your Mac") when the USBInjectAll.kext was installed

or the USB2.0 ports don't work and USB3.0 does (On board VIA controller work with USB stick but keyboard and mouse work only on a Fresco Logic FL1100 PCIe card) when  the USBInjectAll.kext was not installed

Thanks by advance for any help

Edited by jfdemiddeleer