10.4.8 Jas Final DVD only reboots after install, its the first install that doesn't work for me

nerdbeere

9 posts in this topic

hi,

i have a intel Bad Axe, Pentium D 945, x1600xt Sys that worked without problems until the 10.8.4 install...

It reboots direct after kext loading, i can only see the grey apple screen for a half second

I have the final Re-Seed Jas DVD and i checked only the Jas Combo Update Package at customization!

any ideas?

thx

nerdbeere

hi,

sorry, you misunderstood me, and i have edited the topic :)

my dvd is the final one!

both 10.8.6 /-7 woked out of the box without no problems on my hardware...

i tried -v but i see only the fast kext-loading lines and then for half a secound some boot-lines...reboot.

i added the nebukadnexar kernel to the dvd before i burned it (using transmac)... but it won't work

i get to "boot from cd" and i hit enter, then i get the "press any key to install osx or press f8 for more options" ...no matter what i hit, i just get a black screen for a few seconds before my system goes back through the pc bios

i let it cycle through that process a few times but no joy

specs in sig

i added the nebukadnexar kernel to the dvd before i burned it (using transmac)... but it won't work

Where did you put the kernel on the DVD?

If you put it on the DVD such that the DVD boots with the new kernel, that won't work. The existing kernel and operating system on the DVD is 10.4.4.

You needed to add the kernel to an installer package and then add the package to the selection menu for the Customize window.

Not to mention that you might have corrupted the iso when you added the kernel.

It would be better to just install the 10.4.8 DVD in the configuration that you downloaded it and then update the installed kernel afterward.