can't turn on WiFi on BCM94360CD

mrjayviper

10 posts in this topic

My setup has been running for more than a month now using a 4-port Intel NIC which uses built-in drivers.

I bought a BCM94360CD last week (shows up as en4 on ifconfig)and that's also using built-in drivers but my problem is that I cannot turn it on. Pressing "Turn WiFi on" on Network Settings does nothing.

Also Bluetooth settings is not showing. The adapter has a plug for USB and I have connected that to the back of the motherboard.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thank you

c0z3v44.png

edit1: attached more screenshots and clover plist and etc in a ZIP file

edit2: so I shifted the my video card into the secondary video card slot and now my Wi-Fi is getting "turned on'. The problem is that the card keeps on turning on and off every 2 seconds. My board has 4 PCIe slots (2x full slots, 1 x4 and 1 x1). I tried the primary video card slot, x4 and x1 and I get the same results. better than when I started but still having major issues.

mrjayviper.zip

Is it an Apple card or just a card based on the BCM4360 chip?

I'm wondering if your problem wouldn't be due to region settings... You might have to re-program that on your card. Could also be a duff adapter board or some incompatibility with the PCIe slot.

It's an Apple card. I've tried the x4 and x1 slot. Will try the full slots later. Thanks

simply change it to another pci-e 1 x slot if your board has more slots available

I've tried the x4 and x1 slot. Will try the full slots later. Thanks

I've had the same issue with a 4360 it works and has worked for over a year but on a recent build it was not able to turn on wifi.   Some things to consider or investigate.    It a real pain and I feel for you, I usually go straight to #3 below.   

1).   Did you add any Ethernet fixes for example using Pandora or other Multi tool did you pick all the options, lol?   Intel, Realtek, and Atheros?    Sometimes too many or the wrong fix can hurt you.    I've. noticed that the Ethernet and wifi have a peculiar relationship and fixing one can affect the other (Handoff).    If you added kexts for fixes you could try removing them and checking wifi.     If you remove or add any kexts always run Kext Wizzard or other tool to fix permissions, and rebuild caches.     

2).   During setup did you choose not to activate wifi?   Did you select " this machine does not have wifi" option?    Or possibly if you haven't signed into iCloud and or App.store.   Those are some of the things I've encountered recently that may have caused the failure. It is probably one of these issues stopping the wifi form turning on.

3).   Reload a fresh install and log into wifi at first option during setup.

• Like 1

ok did you plugin the usb cable to the mother board?

some times , well most of the time the pins in the cable do not match the pins on the motherboard

so you have to re arrange the cables in order for you to match your motherboard

that will cause the card to stop working

here is my susgestion

first let's start with the wifi

simply disconnect the usb cable from the board

and try changing the card until you find one slot that works

then after that we can move on to the bluetooth

it's is your bluetooth working?

can you turn the bluetooth off and on

another thing is that you might have a conflict if you have more pci-e cards connected to the board

leave only what you need for now like the video card if you have one

then remove all pci-e cards with the exception of the video card and the bcm4360cd card 

now try again

most likely is either that you have the bluetooth connected to the wrong pins

or you have too many cards or you have to move the card to another slot

From what I understand, the USB cable is only to get the BT working as it works via USB. But I tried it with USB plugged and unplugged. Same results.

As a test, I removed my 4-port Intel gigabit card so only the video card and the WiFi card are installed. Same results.

Will test on the full slot later as I'm not home.

I've had the same issue with a 4360 it works and has worked for over a year but on a recent build it was not able to turn on wifi.   Some things to consider or investigate.    It a real pain and I feel for you, I usually go straight to #3 below.   

1).   Did you add any Ethernet fixes for example using Pandora or other Multi tool did you pick all the options, lol?   Intel, Realtek, and Atheros?    Sometimes too many or the wrong fix can hurt you.    I've. noticed that the Ethernet and wifi have a peculiar relationship and fixing one can affect the other (Handoff).    If you added kexts for fixes you could try removing them and checking wifi.     If you remove or add any kexts always run Kext Wizzard or other tool to fix permissions, and rebuild caches.     

2).   During setup did you choose not to activate wifi?   Did you select " this machine does not have wifi" option?    Or possibly if you haven't signed into iCloud and or App.store.   Those are some of the things I've encountered recently that may have caused the failure. It is probably one of these issues stopping the wifi form turning on.

3).   Reload a fresh install and log into wifi at first option during setup.

1. my intel 4-port card works with built-in drivers

2. during initial setup, I didn't have my WiFi card. Only the Intel gigabit card. But since it has built-in drivers and from what I understand/see, OS X prioritize wired connection over wireless, I never got this option. I got 2 MBPs and they work through Ethernet even if wired and wireless connections are available.

3. I thought of that and will do it once I get home. just hoping this step can be avoided.

Thank you!

still not home) but connected to machine via teamviewer

I tried inspecting my setup using DPCIManager and it's showing my WiFi card. and clicking on the magnify glass, it says I'm using "AirPortBrcm4360.kext".

I've included some configuration screenshots and clover stuff as an attachment in my first post. Thanks again

can you please link me to these threads? the only thing I found is 1 person having the same subvendor/sub-device as mine and it's also not working for him.

edited original post. seems to be working but it keeps on turning on-off.

another update

as a test, I installed Windows 10 on a different HDD and I got WiFi and BT working using unmodified bootcamp drivers. I've read on the net you need to modify the bootcamp drivers if it's going to run on non-Apple machines

----------

my early 2013 MBPr has a device ID EF for the Broadcom WiFi.

I check the 2013 (not sure of exact model) iMac at work and the device ID for is not 111 or 135 or 136 or EF.

edit: just remembered that the USB => BT doesn't show up at all in a real iMac. It doesn't even say BRCM20702. I'll take a pic/screenshot monday.

• 1 month later...

Folks & Experts,
I need your support WiFi & BT card (BCM94360CS2 Card + M.2 NGFF Adapter) is too slow.
(means to load a webpage it takes 5 minutes).
Same Page I load with USB WiFi Adapter works Blazing fast. Please help me.
My Settings & Components:

• Clover Boot
  • macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • MSI H170i pro ac Mobo
  • Intel i5 6600
  • AMD RX580
  • BCM94360CS2 Card + M.2 NGFF

Sorry to run around like mad cow.

Fix for Wifi Not working, Bluetooth working perfectly was

Problem::

“Antennas were disconnect when I tightened the nuts during installation”

Fix :::

Reconnect the cable and hand tighten it.

Restart the computer …. Bang it works……