my keyboard doesn't work...

visa

24 posts in this topic

can anyone tell that why my ps/2 keyboard doesn't work in mac os x

thanks...

ok this doesnt help you much but i can tell you that a proper mac bluetooth keyboard will work with OSx86, of course you have to have a working bluetooth dongle. got one off of ebay, worked straight away ;)

yes my hardware. they are Sis chipset motherboard + P4 2.94, ATI Radeon9250

is that enough?

my keyboard is stantard ps/2 keyboard which works well in XP.

my mac os is installed from mac os install disk, not a image from deadmoo

You need the ApplePS2Controller.kext from the Darwin CD, install it in /System/Library/Extensions as described elsewhere. You will need to fix the permissions on this file. I usually do:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 ApplePS2Controller.kext

chown -R root:wheel ApplePS2Controller.kext

in terminal.. there are probably slicker ways, but that usually works.

yes, thank you.

but i have more questions about the x86mac... my cpu usage is always 100%, and i did delete AppleTPM.....kext and add a line "platform=x86pc". these don't work... does it mean that my hardware doesn't suit osx86?

You need the ApplePS2Controller.kext from the Darwin CD, install it in /System/Library/Extensions as described elsewhere. You will need to fix the permissions on this file. I usually do:

i discovered there is already one ApplePS2Controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions...

what can i do?

Guest sacronaut
i discovered there is already one ApplePS2Controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions...

what can i do?

are you using a usb mouse? if so plug in a ps2 mouse also.... works for me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My keyboard ps2 did not work until I connected a ps2 mouse too,so now I have usb mouse and ps2 mouse.

But it works.

Go into your BIOS setup and turn off USB support.

Plug in your keyboard and mous into the PS2 connectors.

Your mouse and keyboard may then work perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
Go into your BIOS setup and turn off USB support.

Plug in your keyboard and mous into the PS2 connectors.

Your mouse and keyboard may then work perfectly.

Sure guys we understand that it might work when you have a ps2 port!!!!! But on the latest laptops, like mine

Compaq/HP Presario X1000, Pentium M 1,4, ATI 9200 mobility we don't have one!!!!!

So we would really like to know if there is a way to fix this....

The ApplePS2Controller.kext extension is in my extensions folder already, I will check tonight with my darwin CD to see if it has a different version....

So far, I can tell you that the Maxxuss patch for SSE2--->SSE3 compatibility is the problem....my keyboard and trackpad were working fine before applying the patch, since then the only way to get them back is to boot with the old kernel by passing this argument at the boot prompt...

mach_kernel.....

I would really like to be able to find a solution to this, because everything else works like a charm, and it looks like we are going to get access to ATI video drivers soon....

I'll keep you posted....

Long time Mac User.....

Your suggestion was "The Solution" for me, moving the drivers from the darwinx86 install Cd to my OSX installation fixed my keyboard and trackpad problems....after patching SSE2---SSE3 and TPM.

Using the same logic, I also restored sound by moving the AppleA97audio.kext driver as well......

Thanks for the tip.....

• 1 year later...

This link does not work for me. "Can't connect to server".

are you using a usb mouse? if so plug in a ps2 mouse also.... works for me

I just went thru this, I thought I was going crazy. My old PS/2 mouse started getting flaky (in Windows too so I knew it was the mouse!), so I got a new MS USB optical mouse. Unplugged the old PS/2 mouse, plugged in the new USB mouse and my keyboard stopped working. Plugged in the PS/2 mouse - even though I'm still using the USB mouse - and now the keyboard works fine (obviously!). Wierdest problem I've seen on OSX86!

If you are using a PS2 keyboard and USB mouse then here is the solution.

Boot from install DVD and enter the installer. Select Terminal in the Utilities menu and type:

dp="/Volumes/(name-of-OSX-partition)" <--- use quotes, no parentheses

nano "$dp/usr/bin/nano $dp/etc/rc.local"

# Near the end before the "exit" line add the following lines:

kp="/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns"

kextunload "$kp/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext"

kextload "$kp/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext"

I have ps2 keyboard and USB mouse and i got it working.

If you are using a PS2 keyboard and USB mouse then here is the solution.

Boot from install DVD and enter the installer. Select Terminal in the Utilities menu and type....

How are you supposed to type that if your keyboard doesn't work? Is the an accessability keyboard like on XP?

Within about 20 seconds of using OSX and realising the keyboard didn't work, I ordered the new mac usb keyboard.

How are you supposed to type that if your keyboard doesn't work? Is the an accessability keyboard like on XP?

Within about 20 seconds of using OSX and realising the keyboard didn't work, I ordered the new mac usb keyboard.

A USB keyboard can let you enter that text.

This is helpful for laptops, like my friends laptop who's keyboard internally is PS/2, but the trackpad is something else.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For Ps2 keyboard and usb mouse here is solution:

open terminal and tipe

cd /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

sudo mv ApplePS2Trackpad.ext ApplePS2Trackpad.bak

sudo mv ApplePS2Mouse.ext ApplePS2Mouse.bak

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

when finish reboot and everiting is work :)))