Panic CPU error (os sierra install)

33 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm new here and i want install Mac OS Sierra on my Asus computer,

It's an :

-Asus rog G20CB with an intel core i5-6400 2.70GHZ

-1x8GB of ram
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

Ask me for other specs info.

The problem appear when I want to boot on my install usb drive, the logo of apple appear but after 4 or 5 seconds an error stop all the job.

I have take a picture to show you the problem.

What can I do please, for continue the installation ?

Thanks for your help ? 

post-2144009-0-90791400-1497705606_thumb.jpg

According to the Rules I can not see the tool you used. Use Diskutil to mount diskXs1 (EFI Partition of your USB Stick) and copy FakeSMC to /kexts/other/ and /kexts/10.12 also create a 10.13 folder and add also here FakeSMC, just to be sure. I'd prefer the "createmedia way" to create an USB Stick.

Here are many infos how it can be done: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324233-mac-os-high-sierra-installation-attempts/

There is no proper tutorial right now. I think you have to read a lot of topics.

Create the Stick:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ beta.app

Then install Clover r4088. Add needed Kexts. And apfs.efi...

Hey, I'm new here and i want install Mac OS Sierra on my Asus computer,

It's an :

-Asus rog G20CB with an intel core i5-6400 2.70GHZ

-1x8GB of ram

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

Ask me for other specs info.

The problem appear when I want to boot on my install usb drive, the logo of apple appear but after 4 or 5 seconds an error stop all the job.

I have take a picture to show you the problem.

What can I do please, for continue the installation ?

Thanks for your help  

Hi and welcome :)

Do you want to instal macOS Sierra or macOS High Sierra?

Ok

the command for creating the macOS Sierra is:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

The command Giebelwald posted it for macOS High Sierra 

Do you have access to a Mac or a working hackintosh?

You can follow this guide to get your USB installer ready.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324138-guide-install-macos-sierra-10125-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/

read the guide to the "Post Installation" part. From there some things are different for your pc.

for post installation you'll a DSDT for your mother board

For Audio you can use AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext

For USB you'll need a custom SSDT, although you might have fully functional USB ports with just Clover Patches.

For Video Card you'll need to install nVidiaWebDrivers

Last but not least you'll need the latest version of FakeSMC.kext to be able to boot into macOS.

Update:

You can also post your clover folder for the installer you use for examinations.

Before you do post the EFI folder you are using remove "APPLE" folder and the serial number from the config.plist

Thanks a lot cyberdevs and GIEBELWALD !!

Now I'm at the step of the configuration of the config.plist, but I don't know ho to configure and what can I must change.

I will show you my configuration,

G20CB-FR039T (the name serial of my computer)

Open the attached files to view my configuration.

I have join my folder of the EFI partition. The folder is blank, I have not modified anything yet. Is it good ? 

specs.txt

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Thanks a lot cyberdevs and GIEBELWALD !!

Now I'm at the step of the configuration of the config.plist, but I don't know ho to configure and what can I must change.

I will show you my configuration,

G20CB-FR039T (the name serial of my computer)

Open the attached files to view my configuration.

I have join my folder of the EFI partition. The folder is blank, I have not modified anything yet. Is it good ? 

Have you configure the BIOS properly?

Is everything in place?

Replace your EFI folder with this one and let me know how it goes.

EFI-01.zip

• Like 1

Great!

For audio I already added what's needed, You'll need to have AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext. HDMI Audio will be activated after installing the nVidia WebDrives and if it didn't you'll need to use a patched DSDT/SSDT

There are other options for activating HDMI audio without a patched DSDT. You can use cloverHDMI command by Toleda, google it

if your audio doesn't start let me know and I will find a way to fix it.

Your WiFi might not be supported I need to check that about to see what chipset is in the WiFi adapter.