Cannot load the NVIDIA drivers in Sierra 10.12.5

Titus Tucan

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My installation worked just fine with the exception of the NVIDIA driver.

What I have:

MTB: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH / 100 series chip-set (listed as supported) installed with MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Graphics: MSI GTX 1080 Pascal (supported) with Driver: 378.05.05.15f01

What is my problem:

After the installation of the NVIDIA drivers, I rebooted but the default graphics drivers are used.

I also installed the CUDA drivers of the above driver as some users recommend.

I followed the direction to mount the EFI partition and check the config.plist. It contains the new way of activating the drivers (see below) and there is no trace of nvda_drv=1

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>YES</string>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<true/>

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>

<true/>

</dict>

I am desperate, I really don't know what to do anymore. I am stuck here with useless 700$ graphics card

You guys are experts. You might have encountered and fixed this. I've tried everything and now I'm running crazy. I need help.

I would pay $20 through Paypal to whoever is capable to fix my problem.

Titus

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

Hi guys,

My installation worked just fine with the exception of the NVIDIA driver.

What I have:

MTB: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH / 100 series chip-set (listed as supported) installed with MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Graphics: MSI GTX 1080 Pascal (supported) with Driver: 378.05.05.15f01

What is my problem:

After the installation of the NVIDIA drivers, I rebooted but the default graphics drivers are used.

I also installed the CUDA drivers of the above driver as some users recommend.

I followed the direction to mount the EFI partition and check the config.plist. It contains the new way of activating the drivers (see below) and there is no trace of nvda_drv=1

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>YES</string>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<true/>

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>

<true/>

</dict>

I am desperate, I really don't know what to do anymore. I am stuck here with useless 700$ graphics card

You guys are experts. You might have encountered and fixed this. I've tried everything and now I'm running crazy. I need help.

I would pay $20 through Paypal to whoever is capable to fix my problem.

Titus

You need to click emulation on the clover bootloader installer its emu64 or something( sorry not at computer right now) but it will allow you to boot using nvidia web driver, if all else fails after enabling it agpfix is a good cure but more than likely its the prior.. good luck

You need to click emulation on the clover bootloader installer its emu64 or something( sorry not at computer right now) but it will allow you to boot using nvidia web driver, if all else fails after enabling it agpfix is a good cure but more than likely its the prior.. good luck

Also checking NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover helped me.