LiluFriend - Fixing Lilu does not function correctly under system locations

PMheart

30 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2020 at 3:40 AM, PMheart said:

I guess LiluFriend is no longer needed with OpenCore… It is now considered as legacy.

But if you're using a real Mac then it would be preferable to have a method that works without a custom boot loader. I guess we need more info / better understanding of the new Big Sur kext loading process. Maybe it's not possible to get Lilu+Whatevergreen to load before Intel graphics in Big Sur without OpenCore.

23 hours ago, joevt said:

But if you're using a real Mac then it would be preferable to have a method that works without a custom boot loader. I guess we need more info / better understanding of the new Big Sur kext loading process. Maybe it's not possible to get Lilu+Whatevergreen to load before Intel graphics in Big Sur without OpenCore.

Right. Currently LiluFriend does nothing but specifies `com.apple.security` prefix and has `AppleSecurityExtension` set. I have no idea whether they still have effect on Big Sur either, and I am sorry that I have been away from IOKit development for such a long time...

11 hours ago, PMheart said:

Right. Currently LiluFriend does nothing but specifies `com.apple.security` prefix and has `AppleSecurityExtension` set. I have no idea whether they still have effect on Big Sur either, and I am sorry that I have been away from IOKit development for such a long time...

From my test, it looks like Apple won't let you use com.apple.security or AppleSecurityExtension (not sure which) in BigSur or something else is blocking LiluFriend from loading. I can load Lilu and WhateverGreen but not LiluFriend. Needs more testing. Problem is, "kmutil load -p" doesn't output any error messages (with or without -v).

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...