Heeeeeeeeeey Macarena

A Nonny Moose

6 posts in this topic

All right, this virus apparently writes over files in the directory it resides in. The solution? Update ClamXAV (since Norton sucks donkey balls) and remove it if you have it.

Actually from what Norton is saying, this thing doesn't do much of anything except reproduce. They call it a low level threat and it looks like little more than some idiot that mdae an app wanting to prove there are viruses for the Mac.

This whole "proof of concept" virus thing is a sham. Based on the information I've read, it was Symantec that contracted someone to actually make this thing work so that is like a pretty seriously messed up thing:

A company that sells antivirus software pays someone to write a virus.

I've been preaching that conspiracy theory going on 10 years now, and no one listens. But think about it: go do research and you'll see a marked frequency of virus "outbreaks" that happen at very regular intervals. Like, the time periods close to fiscal quarters coming to a close for a few companies <hint, hint>.

It's amazing they even had the gall to announce this and attach their name to it at all. "Proof of concept" my ass... they paid to have it created just before the big holiday rush to make sure people pick up that trusty Norton/Symantec AV software when they get a new PC...

I can sling conspiracy theories with the best of 'em, yanno.

:)

bb