macOS Sierra 10.12.4 (16E195) - Final Release - Updated

Allan

54 posts in this topic

I have found that if you run clover install twice (2X) it will load it in the EFI Backups folder on main partition.    If you check after installing clover in the EFi boot partition that the old clover folder gets moved to the EFI Backups folder.    Check to see if the Backup folder has clover 4049 if it has a lower or older version you can install again the same way and it will appear in the backups folder.    you can just delete the old one(S) that appear.    That way if you need to boot into recovery disk you have the same clover configuration.

I just copy the EFI partition to a secure storage on my NAS server. if I ever need to format a USB key with EFI I just prepare it in windows with an installer of some kind (in this case, BD Utility), and then overwrite the contents of the partition with the last known good configuration. I have every EFI backup from r3065 that is known working- up to the latest r4049 that I just pushed to the live EFI partition that gets booted on system start up.

much easier, and i don't need access to OSX or macdrive to retrieve the folder- and i know it works and exactly which version it is. I can access it from any OS or any device.