Installation of Sierra on Asus N552VW touch laptop

modaifallah

61 posts in this topic

Okay guys last thing and I'll be fine. When I put clover into Efi folder of my ssd disk0 and add the option through bios, clover loads but doesn't detect Mac os or recovery but if I booted clover from usb it detects it. Any solutions?

I fixed it by making new Fat32 partition on my secondary non-SSD hard drive and putting all my usb files there and then making new boot name in BIOS and choosed BOOTˆ64.EFI from /EFI/BOOT in clover files. It now works great :D

Thanks guys <3 <3

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!

I following this topic to install OSX in my non-touch Asus N552vw, but the end I have some problems:

• The touchpad is not working
  • The keyboard backlight is working, but after I change the DSDT to newest, I lost the brightness control.
  • Sound is not working after the DSDT change

I hope you can help!

Cheers

• 1 month later...

@MaLd0n

Hello Sir :D
I've updated to high sierra. Everything is good thanks to your help while I first installed Sierra. I was using IntelBacklight,kext from Rehabman which gave me wider brightness range in Sierra, and according to his forum, since 12.4 both IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight don't work anymore and he posted another guide to get brightness to work again.

I followed all of the guide but now coming to the DSDT I have to remove PNLF part from it. I use iasl to decompile your last DSDT for my laptop, removed the PNLF section "I knew exactly what to remove by checking the patch first" and recompiled without errors, but now booting with it + another SSDT I made using the guide doesn't make the device boot. It boots just before lock screen shows this is written the upper right corner:

post-2094977-0-94732100-1510352146_thumb.jpg

But booting with your DSDT + my SSDT works fine (Without Brightness control because the guide states that no PNLF patches in DSDT or config.plist should be present).

Can you kindly remove the PNLF from your DSDT? Here is the last DSDT you made for me : 
DSDT.aml_2.zip