Older Hackintosh CMOS reset error on Sierra

bigpoppa206

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

Maybe AppleRTC was not correctly patched ( maybe something is different from older one ) or something is related to New Clover version.

However you can try the old Kext ElliotRTC to see if help to resolve the issue.

Btw the Best Solutions is to patch AppleRTC and inject in Clover o DSDT some other patch to avoid cmos reset error.

• Like 1

I tried that fix but it doesnt help me... Lenovo Thinkpad L420 here and I get it 2 out every 3 boots, since Clover 3270 somethin and with this new fix it happens like one of every 20 boots. I wonder if maybe something in Clover or in Mac OS X doesnt like the GUID partition scheme on a legacy BIOS system.

Maybe we all should try if this problem happens as well when having Mac OS and Clover in a MBR partition scheme???

I've got this issue (CMOS reset) on an older hackintosh too (see my Sig for specs).

I've replaced the CMOS battery - but no change.

I'm running Clover v2.3k_r3994

I've got original Apple RTC in S/L/E and Patched 10.7 AppleRTC in EFI/kexts/10.12 folder and patched Apple RTC in Clover config.plist.

I've tried removing the kext from the EFI partition - result → boot loop. Same result with unchecking the Clover patch.

Interestingly - I have an old install Yosemite usb with Clover 2953 - which successfully boots up the machine.

Currently - the machine goes into a boot loop after resetting everything back to how it was - and is only booting from the usb. I'm installing latest Clover updat 3998. Will report back.

• 1 year later...

GA-P55-USB3 that was rock solid on Sierra until some time after the Security Update 2018-01 on January 26th

Now CMOS reboot loop on wake from sleep.

Have not seen this issue in so long I did not recognize it.

Will drag out working Sierra backup this weekend and see what changed.

So, even my backup master that has not been updated started doing this - simplified cards in slots, tried other OS, not likely the hardware.
Definitely the AppleRTC kext changed with update, but that's not an explanation...   grrrr. was a great, stable elder hacintosh...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having what appears to be the same problem with my Biostar TH55HD / X3450 system running Mojave 10.14.5 (CLOVER R4961 Legacy).   I just read on another forum that configuring S3 suspend state in BIOS with P55 / H55 chipsets results in BIOS corruption on sleep (even with CLOVER RTC fix) and that the solution is to change suspend state to S1 in BIOS.  This is the first I heard of this.  In order to make this change and try this fix, I will have to extract new DSDT.  Has anyone tried changing suspend state to S1?  I'll report back with my findings when I have time to test.

EDIT: I changed S3 to S1 in BIOS.  On sleep, displays go black and fans stay running (which I think is expected S1 behavior). System wakes normally with mouse or keyboard activity.  While I wouldn't consider this a "fix," this is the configuration that I'll run with until theres a working solution for S3 suspend state.

NOTE: Changing state S3 to S1 in BiOS did not result in any DSDT changes.  I thought that I had seen two OperatingRegion changes in my DSDT when I had experimented with suspend state before.  This might have been when I set suspend state to "Auto S1/S3" (instead of to either S1 or S3).  Not sure, but no DSDT changes were required for this 'fix."

Edited by tonyx86