New iSight

Orea

11 posts in this topic

There's a new iSight, but it looks exactly the same as the one you're probably familiar with. No features have changed. The only differences lie within the actual chemicals that make up the plastics and other components within the iSight. Apple had to take all previous iSight cameras off the shelves a few months ago due to failure to meet certain environmental standards.

I don't plan on licking to attempting to eat my iSight any time soon, so the product update doesn't really concern me.

I visited an Apple store in The Netherlands a couple of months ago to buy myself an iSight. The employee told me to wait because he was told a new version would come out, due to the new european environmental rules.

My guess is that this is the new iSight you're talking about.

Bottom line: There is no new iSight in the sense of a product that looks and/or functions any differently than what was on the shelves before.

It'd help if you were courteous enough to read the replies people gave to the thread you started... :hysterical:

I was thinking of getting one for my Powerbook, but then they took them off the shelves.

Also, could they make them a tiny bit cheaper please!!

Yeah I'll just get Steve Jobs on the phone and tell him to give you one for free actually. Anything else?