[Ask] Install OSX With Nvidia

crackerzwave

8 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone here :)

Before this I was bored with windows, and wanted to try new OS (already tried few linux distros) ad I came upon Hackintosh. Since then I tried to install OS X onto my mother's laptop, and it worked flawlessly thank goodness. Then from that, I build up courage to install OS X onto my laptop which is Ideapad Y400. I already created thread about this before, few years ago, but no luck. Tons of research and still no success. I cant even find one successfull hackintosh for this laptop.

As normal laptop, there will be 2 graphics card which are IntelHD and Nvidia/AMD. But the problem for my laptop is, due to the engineering of the motherboard, the IntelHD is unusable. So even in Windows, it will run 100% all the time using Nvidia GPU which is Nvidia GT750M. 

My past problem with Hackintosh, I could not even passed the apple boot logo as my screen will turn black, my gpu fan will spinning wildly, and then the computer turns off. Already tried with many boot flags but no luck till now. I know the problem since I lack IntelHD gpu to start the installation as usually people will Install OSX using intelhd, and proceed with their Nvidia/AMD gpu after the installation success (post installation process)

So my questions are:

1) Is there any way to install OSX to my laptop through Nvidia GPU not IntelHD?

2) So should I consider the latest OSX (Sierra) or the old one (El-capitan_?

3) Currently using Windows 10 Pro 64bit boot as Legacy mode. Can install OSX legacy as well? 

Thank you guys, I hope i can turn my laptop to something new with the help of our vast knowledge :D

As far as I am aware there is no way of using the discrete graphics in a dual graphics laptop setup (or else I would use my 840m instead of hd4400)

What is the issue with your Intel graphics? Until you can disable the discrete graphics you more than likely need to boot with nv_disable=1 to make any progress.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you sure you have dual graphics? A quick search showed the y400 only has nvidia gpu.

As far as I am aware there is no way of using the discrete graphics in a dual graphics laptop setup (or else I would use my 840m instead of hd4400)

What is the issue with your Intel graphics? Until you can disable the discrete graphics you more than likely need to boot with nv_disable=1 to make any progress.

Are you sure you have dual graphics? A quick search showed the y400 only has nvidia gpu.

Search result said that there is no optimus support. The cpu chipset is included with iGPU, it just cannot be used because of soldering problem.

See this : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1mK1sfEOQuRb2pTWnpYczhMcmM/view?usp=sharing

It will turn black and gpu spinning. Already try nv disable etc

Can you share a windows screen shot of device manager showing both Intel and nvidia graphics.

Also check for bios updates and bios options for graphics.

Can you share a windows screen shot of device manager showing both Intel and nvidia graphics.

Also check for bios updates and bios options for graphics.

Under Display adapter in device manager only show Nvidia GT750M

• 2 years later...
On 1/6/2017 at 3:24 PM, crackerzwave said:

Under Display adapter in device manager only show Nvidia GT750M

any chance of getting it works? I guess you probably need to unlock the bios and disable the graphic from there.

• 2 weeks later...