Hello,

I have recently purchased an Asus Vivobook E200ha. The specs are as follows:

• CPU: Intel® Cherry Trail Quad-Core Z8300 Processor, 1.84 GHz
  • Memory: OnBoard Memory 2 GB (DDR3L)
  • GPU: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics
  • Storage: 32Gb eMMC
  • Networking: Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.1
  • Display: 11.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768)

The laptop came with Windows 10, however I am not really a Windows guy, so I would like to change the OS to something else. So my options are either OSx or linux. My question is, is there any chance I could get OSx to work on it? Are the specs compatible, and if so, is t here any tutorial/explanation on how I could get it to work?(the installation guides I have found were for other systems, especially for different CPUs).

I am sorry if this is a newbie question, but this is my first time even considering installing hackintosh on a machine.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

Most likely no. Atom processors are a pain to get working. You might have luck going down the Niresh route, as his distro has patched kernels for Atom processors, but other than that you're in the blank. Even if you did manage to get the system running, audio, wifi, and bluetooth would most likely not work.

I understand. Then I will be sticking to linux. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JoshuaBedford
      Howdy!

My name is Joshua Bedford, and I'm brand new to this community. It appears as though I have been missing out! I started over at hewhoshallnotbenamed's (from what I understand) website. I need some help!

I built my first (and only so far) hackintosh a little over 2 years ago (I think. haven't looked at exact dates). It has worked phenomenally, and was running my dual 27" displays perfectly for web development and video editing. The problem now is USB3.0, audio, and iMessage no longer work. iMessage was always spotty, but I need audio and USB3.0! It recognizes USB2.0 devices plugged into 3.0 ports, but not 3.0 devices (such as my 3TB external drive and usb hub).

My question is this: Based on the hardware below, would it be a good idea / compatible to wipe it and start over with high sierra and the newest bootloader powering it? The only data on the drive is the OS and a few programs. Nothing irreplaceable or difficult to replace. My main question is one of compatibility (I'm not very knowledgeable about this process).

Build:

GPU: GTX960
      CPU: i7-4790k
      MB: UD5H-Bk
      RAM: Gigabyte 16GB
      WNA: TP-Link WDN4800

PCPARTPICKER link: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JrBedford/saved/#view=vpMLrH

Everything except the monitor (I moved to 2 curved 27") is still true. Please view that for any specific part numbers!

Let me know if more information is needed. I am willing to be helped in debugging the current system, but i wonder if installing high sierra would be easier.

P.S. I bent a few of the pins in the USB3.0 header that connects the front panel of my case. That wouldn't cause the entire system to reject USB3.0 right? I'm plugging directly into the motherboard not through that plug.
    • By andrewkehoe0
      Hello! 

I have a Dell Latitude D810 currently running Lubuntu 14.10.

I would like to make it a hackintosh. Preferably somewhere around 10.6.. That's basically my only macOS experience.

Can anyone tell me if this is compatible? I believe it is stock config but my grandpa (previous owner) might have added something.

Specs I know of:

Intel Centrino
      40 GB hard disk
      originally had Windows XP dual booted with Ubuntu 10 (neither would boot)

Thanks very much in advance for any help. This would be my first Hackintosh so sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject 
    • By Dubesor
      I know this is kind of broad, but if I build a workstation that's well supported on High Sierra now, how likely is it to still work well with the next major OSx release next fall?

If you had to guess, what % chance do I have of encountering major issues when trying to update next fall? The kinds of issues that would seriously interfere with my day to day work of photo and video editing? For example, kext/kernel panics (is that even a thing still?) or major pieces of hardware suddenly not being supported, and so on...

Has migrating your Hackintosh to the latest release has gotten easier in recent years? So for those of you who have been making builds for a while, is going from Sierra to High Sierra causing you fewer problems than Mavericks --> Yosemite for example or Yosemite --> El Capitan etc? 

Sorry if this is a bit broad and ignorant, but I've been away from the forums for quite a while and just trying to get a sense of how "stable" and "future-proof" Hackintoshes are these days - compared to Apple's own desktops ...

I'm OK not updating incrementally ie v13.1 to v13.2 if I need to, but I'm worried about having to start completely from scratch with each new main version.
    • By srmusico
      Hello guys!
      now that i have done with MaLd0n and some user´s help, some  hackintosh , i want to start in
      the laptops world. I have read some guides, issues and things that happens with laptops, so i want to buy 
      the best hardware that are in the market at  May of 2017.
      What are the best models of laptops for hackintosh that you like ?
      (all i5,i7 are welcome xD)  

¡Thanks all!
    • By ehijon
      I'm going to buy this graphic card Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 970 G1.
      Do you think that is compatible with the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH) ?
      Do you know if it works good in a Dell U2715H at 2560x1440 ?

This is the whole setup I'm going to buy:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH CPU: Intel BX80662I76700K Box Core I7-6700K CPU COOLER: Corsair Hydro H60 CW-9060007-WW GRAPHIC: Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition  RAM: Ballistix Sport LT Kit 32 GB (16 GBx2), DDR4, 2400 MT/s, (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin - BLS2C16G4D240FSC WiFi+Bluetooth: Fenvi 802.11AC Desktop Wifi Card 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC Bluetooth 4.0 POWER SUPPLY: Corsair CX750M CP-9020061-EU, Serie CXM, 750W, Semi Modulare, 80 Plus CASE: Corsair CC-9011014-WW Case Corsair Mid-Tower Carbide 300R MONITOR: Dell 210-ADSH U2715H LCD  
      Am I buying something wrong?