Currently available laptops most comparable with sierra

Cerberus73

3 posts in this topic

Right guys I'm off to NY in the next couple of weeks right around black friday. i live in the uk, so am going to take advantage of the cheaper hardware when I'm over. and buy a new laptop or 2 in 1, to replace my now elderly acer 5742.

I need the following specs, 6th or 5th gen i5/core M 8gb ram, and full HD screen at a minimum (photoshop and illustrator are my living) a working trackpad (I see a lot of laptops have issues here) and swappable or compatible wi-fi.. i don't mind switching a card out or inserting a new one into a m.2 slot, but don't want a external inelegant dongle solution. and something that isn't a house brick. so slimmer the better. the budget isn't huge.. hence looking in sales for a last gen model. something between $400 to $800 max. 

I am comfortable with fiddling with bios settings, editing kext's, running scripts etc, but the results have to be stable, and the machine useable day to day.It will be a second machine as I have a very stable skylake desktop I built around 10 months ago.

I have done a lot of reading on various hackintoshing sites, but a lot of the info is for older laptops that are not currently available new, or they seem to have major issues with soldered in wi-fi, and wonky trackpads. and as my time is running short, I figured it be easier to just ask what currently works and can be purchased. so if you can provide a make and model number and any changes that need to be done to get sierra installed. and if you have a link to a big retailer.. even better.

I hope someone can help.