10.4.8. AMD only information thread (new kernel)

xtraa

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a little lost and confused in these dozens of unrelated threads here so I am going to push the buzzer now

and would like to ask a few questions about the new kernel and AMD, maybe s.o. can answer this. And with

s.o., I mean s.o. who is a part of the project.

Of course top of interest for people on AMD like me would be *if* and *when* can we excpect an AMD release?

- will it be a ppf or a new iso?

- do i need an oink acc now?

- who will release it? Does it come from our russian friends? (There is much going on at applelife but

unfortunately I don't understand russian and it is very uncomftable to beat the threads through babelfish

everytime) :P

- where can we expect the files to be? (just a rough direction should do)

- what is the current status?

- what are the unsolved problems?

- how can we help? (Yes I've already been in the chan a few times...)

Well these are a lot of questions and I don't expect them all to be answered, but maybe a little clearification

should help because by now I hardly can remember my name after reading all these heavy Tolstoi-threads

here :)

Thanks in advance

So here I am, with a Clevo D470K with an AMD Turion in it. I'm currently running 10.4.8, although I have some issues such as no sound or wireless, and my USB doesn't work. But I got 1400x1050 resolution, and my ATI Mobility 9700 drivers seem to work.

I downloaded and installed the full 10.4.6 JAS install DVD, upgraded with the "AMD 10.4.7" package, and then with the "AMD 10.4.8." package. I had some problems with the original install DVD.. had to burn a few before I got one that worked, not sure why.

Memophage plz read/understand and then post

i need to ask SOMETHING ELSE

i really dont care about going to full 10.4.8

with goatsecx 10.4.6 and the 10.4.8 combo updates AMD SSE3 from jas i had a good system with everything works perfect

2 problems i had: SATA (i really didnt try to much to solve it)

and NVIDIA (thats was the problem since everywhere)

now we have the titan rls and i want to test it!!

but i understand that "maybe" it only works with the 8.8.1 kernel or full 10.4.8

this kernels (2 rls) are in 10.4.8 FULL DVD but only for intels

i downloaded mikfkis 8.8.1 kernel but in the folder says for intel so i didnt install it

i didnt download semthex's to try

anybody with "fake" 10.4.8 has installed the 8.8.1 kernels with no problems on AMD?

at least to try as we w8 for the full 10.4.8 AMD

specially to test the titan kext fo nvidia

i too am very interested in the progress of the 10.4.8 kernel

Just sit tight, and be patient. It'll come out when it's ready.

I don't actually have an AMD, but I DO have an SSE2 processor (which isn't supported yet). So I'm waiting for a patch or DVD release or whatever to come out, too.

But, it seems like unlike some of you guys, I have a life away from my computer. :P

I know running OS X on our PCs is exciting. I still get goosebumps whenever I see the desktop load on my Hackintosh. But is it really necessary to obsess over it like this?

:)

Hey guys, I am working on a AMD kernel but it is abit confusing since AMD seems to hace serveral problems with new code compared to old kernels. I am working hard atm to find a solution with serveral testers on IRC. For more infos, join me there.

Hey guys, I am working on a AMD kernel but it is abit confusing since AMD seems to hace serveral problems with new code compared to old kernels. I am working hard atm to find a solution with serveral testers on IRC. For more infos, join me there.

I wish you the best luck semthex I'm looking forward to use the 10.4.8 kernel on my AMD!

Hey thanks for the info semthex :)

jas told me that he will put your kernel in the release and that you are going to support the community. So

maybe it is a good idea for us AMD users to support you :D

For those who don't know (althrough it is in Semthex's signature) the IRC chan is

irc.r-type.ca@#osx86.kernel.

But, it seems like unlike some of you guys, I have a life away from my computer. :D

You mean meeting the guy with the pizza at the doorstep? ;)

But seriously: This thread is not about being impatient, it is to bundle the AMD informations so that we don't

have to read the few AMD related posts in all the other threads. And it makes it more easy for people that

are not so into it, to find an entry point and an information about the current process :)

We working with Mifki on AMD support too. One of our testers almost booted to single mode, but it seems that it has problem with IDE controller http://forum.applelife.ru/index.php?act=At...post&id=171

So anybody who's want to try must install all updates and kext's like Intel users (with latest mifki kernel http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31456), after that delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and delete kext

cache.

There is no warranties of success, but we need more tests too :)