IOBluetoothHCIController Timeout - Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Fluxtor

10 posts in this topic

Okay, I pretty much have a working Hack but being the perfectionist I'm trying to iron out a few bugs.

The main issue I have is a huge pause during boot and unresponsive keyboard and mouse for a couple of minutes when at the login screen. Now initially I thought this was something to do with my tinkering to get the onboard sound working but after hours of scouring the net it seems this is not the case.

Pretty much all of the reading I've done relating to this issue seems to be where people are stuck at this and unable to boot. In my scenario I see the error while booting in verbose mode, wait and eventually after about a minute I get to the login screen but the mouse and keyboard take a further couple of minutes to become active. After all of this I can finally login and I have a working Hack which for my hardware is pretty snappy.

I'm getting the impression that this problem is actually related to my GFX not initializing correctly but if I'm honest I'm at a loss. I know that the CPU (i3 3240) with onboard HD2500 is not really supported hence why I'm running a Geforce 210 discrete card. Can anyone tell me if this is definitely related to GFX or could it be something entirely different? FYI I do not have any bluetooth hardware in this rig so maybe that could be the issue?

Any help understanding exactly what's going on or some pointers would be greatly appreciated.

hello

sure it was the gfx

is accelerated the graphics ? did u inject it or no ?

what kext are load for the graphics ?

try to look for post with the same gfx

good hack

Hi and thanks for the response.

How rude of my I should have posted my hardware and a bit more detail.

HARDWARE

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2-DVI

CPU: Intel i3 3240

GFX: nVidia Geforce 210 1gb Silent

OS

Mountain Lion 10.8.5

As far as I'm aware this hardware should pretty much work OOB but I know the CPU is not officially supported. I'm using chameleon with the following boot flags:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>darkwake=0 -v</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

DSDT free with drivers for Realtek Ethernet and ALC 887 audio.

I do not have any bluetooth hardware in this rig so maybe that could be the issue?

Any help understanding exactly what's going on or some pointers would be greatly appreciated.

No bluetooth is no problem that is the last message before the graphics gets initialized. I see no mention of you having disabled the graphics for the onboard in the BIOS could be a conflict there when initializing, Chameleon having to decide which to use causing the lag at the graphics startup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No bluetooth is no problem that is the last message before the graphics gets initialized. I see no mention of you having disabled the graphics for the onboard in the BIOS could be a conflict there when initializing, Chameleon having to decide which to use causing the lag at the graphics startup.

Hi, sorry it's been a while but I've been busy working on some other projects. I'm pretty sure I had disabled the onboard GFX in the bios but I will check and report back. 

If using a discrete GFX and disabling the onboard I take it GraphicsEnabler=Yes needs to be needs to be in the boot flags. What exactly does the GraphicsEnabler flag switch on and off?

Thanks for your help!

Hi, sorry it's been a while but I've been busy working on some other projects. I'm pretty sure I had disabled the onboard GFX in the bios but I will check and report back. 

If using a discrete GFX and disabling the onboard I take it GraphicsEnabler=Yes needs to be needs to be in the boot flags. What exactly does the GraphicsEnabler flag switch on and off?

Thanks for your help!

Exactly what it says is enabled namely the graphics detection and loading if set to Yes not done if set to No. This is used for any time you want to have the graphics detected and loaded properly by the boot loader. Which is pretty much all the time unless you are using a .kext file to load the graphics then you want No set to have it not interfere with that .kext loading.

Edit: Used for both internal and external video cards for the detection and loading without it if the video card supports it then all you get is VESA framebuffer loaded so no advanced features will be used if set to no and no .kext loading is done.

• Like 1

Thanks again for the help and explanation. 

I think armed with my newly gained knowledge I would like to attempt a fresh install of Mountain Lion using a preferred method on insanelymac. Would you be able to point me in the direction of such a guide? 

For instance, would using Pandora's Bos OSX Installer be a good option for starting over or does this require much more knowledge?

Thanks again for the help and explanation. 

I think armed with my newly gained knowledge I would like to attempt a fresh install of Mountain Lion using a preferred method on insanelymac. Would you be able to point me in the direction of such a guide? 

For instance, would using Pandora's Bos OSX Installer be a good option for starting over or does this require much more knowledge?

Your welcome. Should be ok just make sure you have the vt-d virtualization turned off in the BIOS and the disk controller set to AHCI and see how it goes.

Update.

So, I've now tried several methods for installing ML with my current hardware and I always seem to stumble upon the same issue no mater how I install, getting the onboard audio working reliably without introducing any errors. Now it may be that the errors are there regardless but I only see them once I try to enable the audio, FYI my motherboard has ALC887 and I've tried various methods of enabling it.

What I'm failing to understanding is why when I introduce audio drivers I then get the error described in the OP title. Could it be that I'm getting a conflict between the HD Audio on the GFX and the the onboard ALC887? Should I be able to use only the onboard audio of my motherboard i.e. the 3 ports on the back pane or do I have to use the audio supplied by the HDMI?

Thanks again for all the help so far, I am learning albeit very slowly so the help is very much appreciated.