SSDT Edit Causing KP

lcronos

34 posts in this topic

I just want to make sure I did this right.  I found a version of IORegistryExplorer (2.1 like you said) then just immediately saved it as lcronosioreg.  I didn't need to search for anything in particular within IORegistryExplorer right?

Oh I also thought I should mention, I was reading through your guide on editing DSDT/SSDTs for the battery patch and thought I should mention that the one in your repo for the Pavilion (there was only one) worked on my Pavilion 15t-p000.  I didn't see it listed, but figured trying the patch wouldn't hurt (it was the only one my DSDT needed actually lol).  Not sure if you wanted to add that model number to the list of ones it's known to work with or not, but though I'd mention it.

contents.zip

I just want to make sure I did this right.  I found a version of IORegistryExplorer (2.1 like you said) then just immediately saved it as lcronosioreg.  I didn't need to search for anything in particular within IORegistryExplorer right?

Oh I also thought I should mention, I was reading through your guide on editing DSDT/SSDTs for the battery patch and thought I should mention that the one in your repo for the Pavilion (there was only one) worked on my Pavilion 15t-p000.  I didn't see it listed, but figured trying the patch wouldn't hurt (it was the only one my DSDT needed actually lol).  Not sure if you wanted to add that model number to the list of ones it's known to work with or not, but though I'd mention it.

It is as if you removed the Azul/HD5000 kexts. And FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext is not installed.

Install FakePCIID kexts.

Run the OS X installer to refresh all kexts.

• Like 1

It is as if you removed the Azul/HD5000 kexts. And FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext is not installed.

Install FakePCIID kexts.

Run the OS X installer to refresh all kexts.

Odd that it appears that I removed those, since I patched them.  One of the guides I saw to get QE/CI working (it was for Yosemite, but I figured it was worth a shot) basically had me go through and add the FakePCIID kexts and then modify Azul/HD5000 so that my card would be "supported."  This was what I tried after the-darkvoid's guide didn't work.  Do I just use the install usb and run the installer from there, or from the recovery partition (or does it matter)? Sorry, just not sure what specifically this installer does, installers for all other operating systems I've used wipe the partition you install to.

Odd that it appears that I removed those, since I patched them.

For what purpose? No need to patch them except for HDMI audio (and that can be done in config.plist).

Do I just use the install usb and run the installer from there

Yes. Without erasing your system partition. It will restore all Apple provided kexts to vanilla.

• Like 1

Alright, well the installer finished.  I'll re-install the FakePCIID kexts, though when all I had were those kexts and the DSDT/SSDT edits+clover config it wasn't working.  I'll upload a zip with the ioreg, config.plist, and patched DSDT/SSDTs when the kexts are re-installed.  Could part of the problem be that I'm on macOS Sierra, so the kexts changed or something?

Alright, well the installer finished.  I'll re-install the FakePCIID kexts, though when all I had were those kexts and the DSDT/SSDT edits+clover config it wasn't working.  I'll upload a zip with the ioreg, config.plist, and patched DSDT/SSDTs when the kexts are re-installed.  Could part of the problem be that I'm on macOS Sierra, so the kexts changed or something?

FakePCIID+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics still working on 10.12.

Well I guess that rules that out (though, I'm glad to hear that, it means this will work).  Looks like I didn't quite finish installing macOS.  The installer added an extra boot option that seems to be the last part of the installation.  It's estimating 33 minutes, though I'm not entirely sure I trust that number lol.

Alright well the install finished and everything seems to be working right.  Not sure why it didn't work the first time, but I guess it doesn't matter lol.  Thanks for all the help Rehabman.  At this point it's just the basic configuration stuff, trying to get iMessage and everything working.