DSDT compile error

calmesal

17 posts in this topic

If this is an unpatched extracted/raw table, can you please post the original .aml file?

Yes it is. I just extracted to patch it for my Intel HD 4400 to get QE/CI to work.

Delete 3960

Local0

should compile after that.

Tian you. It just compiled but I have many errors and try to patch it now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on this Laptop, not the one in my signature, for a while trying to patch it for a working hach. I have managed to make the most of the things to work quite good, but now I have problem with the battery level. That battery icon is there with Acpibattery.kext but it showing 0%. I looked at the every possible patch existing on the forum but without success.

The model is HP 15 r85no withe core i5 2.3G, 8G ram and HD4400 graphic/Nvida 820m, QE/CI working.

I post my dsdt, iron and the Acpibattery debug output. I hope some one can help with solving the batter %.

dsdt.zip

Hello!

Can some one please help me with two syntax error I have when compiling a clean DSDT with patchomatic-mac Iasl.

The key is correct disassembly. You're doing it wrong.

You must disassemble with SSDTs as context. Get DSDT.aml and all native SSDTs in a single folder, then use: "iasl -da -dl *.aml" to disassemble all of them at once.

• Like 1

The key is correct disassembly. You're doing it wrong.

You must disassemble with SSDTs as context. Get DSDT.aml and all native SSDTs in a single folder, then use: "iasl -da -dl *.aml" to disassemble all of them at once.

Thanks RehabMan for that. Now I extracted all the tables and compiled without errors. But still no battery 0%  in battery indicator.

I tried all your batt. patches but nothing. Any ides?

Thanks RehabMan for that. Now I extracted all the tables and compiled without errors. But still no battery 0%  in battery indicator.

I tried all your batt. patches but nothing. Any ides?

There is a battery patching guide (not here) written by me if you google for it.

There is a battery patching guide (not here) written by me if you google for it.

Yes I know you mean this http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

But I don't understand, it refers to some values like ECF2 in EC I can't find it in any of my acpi tables. I have Device BAT1 and EC0.

Can you please look at the DSDT, attached in my previous post above, and se were can I patch.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I know you mean this http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

But I don't understand, it refers to some values like ECF2 in EC I can't find it in any of my acpi tables. I have Device BAT1 and EC0.

Can you please look at the DSDT, attached in my previous post above, and se were can I patch.

Thanks in advance.

EmbeddedControl:

OperationRegion (ERAM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)

OperationRegion (ECPR, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)

OperationRegion (ECRM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)

So, then you search for "Field (ERAM", "Field (ECPR", and "Field (ECRM" and patch multibyte EC registers as necessary.

There is probably an existing patch already for your DSDT. But clearly your signature is wrong, as it indicates Dell, yet the DSDT indicates HP.

I have been working on this Laptop, not the one in my signature, for a while trying to patch it for a working hach. I have managed to make the most of the things to work quite good, but now I have problem with the battery level. That battery icon is there with Acpibattery.kext but it showing 0%. I looked at the every possible patch existing on the forum but without success.

The model is HP 15 r85no withe core i5 2.3G, 8G ram and HD4400 graphic/Nvida 820m, QE/CI working.

I post my dsdt, iron and the Acpibattery debug output. I hope some one can help with solving the batter %.

EmbeddedControl:

OperationRegion (ERAM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)

OperationRegion (ECPR, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)

OperationRegion (ECRM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)

So, then you search for "Field (ERAM", "Field (ECPR", and "Field (ECRM" and patch multibyte EC registers as necessary.

There is probably an existing patch already for your DSDT. But clearly your signature is wrong, as it indicates Dell, yet the DSDT indicates HP.

Thanks again. As you can se in my previews post this is a HP laptop I working on it. I found the regions an patched as you guide says but I get many errors upon compile. You existing patches doesn't work either. Please look if i the DSDT I posted and try to patch it.

I will appreciate it.

dsdt.zip

Thanks again. As you can se in my previews post this is a HP laptop I working on it. I found the regions an patched as you guide says but I get many errors upon compile. You existing patches doesn't work either. Please look if i the DSDT I posted and try to patch it.

I will appreciate it.

You can try each HP patch in the repo. Patches with a high ratio of patches/changes are likely candidates, and may work as is or need only small tweaks. You should verify offsets of large EC fields/etc. Since writing the guide, I'm no longer creating any more patches myself unless I need them for my own laptop.