System goes to reboot after that

sstyle

7 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all:

On my Hackintosh, trying to fix persistent audio problems, I changed the sys setting from Mac: 3.1 to Mac: 6.1, and on booting I can access the Gigabyte Splash Screen functions but can't get it to successfully boot to OSX (it keeps returning me to the splash screen, or it needs rebooting to get there). I've tried safe mode boot, and verbose boot (which runs a mesh of endless code, which I aborted and rebooted).

In one series of attempts it brings up the Apple logo in the boot-up screen, but it keeps falling back to the Gigabyte Splash Screen without completion. 

I'm totally new to this: how can I amend my config file, assuming that that is the culprit?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers

Motherboard: Gigabyte UltraDurable Z97-HD3; NVIDA Geforce GTX 970 PCI-E 3.0/4GB GDDR 5/256
Power: Hydro G 650 W (for Intel Skylake) Corsair Dual H60 Fans (Hydro Series); Corsair 32 GB DDR 3 Pro Series 1600MHZ; Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full-Tower PC Case; Asus 16X Blu-Ray Writer; TP-Link 450 Mbps Wireless N Dual Band; Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB; Samsung 3TB Drive
Intel Skylake Core i7, 4790K; LG Ultra HD 4K Monitor 27;Magic Keyboard;Magic Trackpad 2;Sennheiser HD201; Mac OSX 10.10.5