BCM94352HMB Bluetooth & Wifi: Speed Problems

Dannydeman

8 posts in this topic

I have the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB chip installed on my GA-H87N-WIFI. Bluetooth and Wifi both work.

Unfortunately I noticed a huge bug.

When I am downloading at highspeed (when it goes above 60mbit on speedtest.net) my bluetooth connection gets very choppy (mouse pointer is lagging etc.) When I turn off Bluetooth or disconnect the mouse, the downloadspeed is higher as well.

How can I fix this?

I already tried different antenna's, problems is the same. 

I have the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB chip installed on my GA-H87N-WIFI. Bluetooth and Wifi both work.

Unfortunately I noticed a huge bug.

When I am downloading at highspeed (when it goes above 60mbit on speedtest.net) my bluetooth connection gets very choppy (mouse pointer is lagging etc.) When I turn off Bluetooth or disconnect the mouse, the downloadspeed is higher as well.

How can I fix this?

I already tried different antenna's, problems is the same. 

Because the Mini PCIe Wifi card sits on the USB bus, you have to sort out your El Capitan USB problems. Follow a guide online, some very good exist in this very forum.

Because the Mini PCIe Wifi card sits on the USB bus, you have to sort out your El Capitan USB problems. Follow a guide online, some very good exist in this very forum.

All my USB ports work fine. What kind of problem are we talking about? And how can I begin to debug this?

All my USB ports work fine. What kind of problem are we talking about? And how can I begin to debug this?

Well, open IORegistryExplorer.app and find your "XHC" label on this tree list. Take a screenshot with it expanded and post it here. I'll be able to tell you if you're OK or you need to do some work.

Both, the Wifi and the Bluetooth signals interfere with each other due their frequencies. There are Router/AP's out there mostly with a dd-wrt based firmware which has a special "bluetooth compatibility mode" for such dual chipped cards with one antenna.

Are u sure that these issues are not happen on Windows/Linux too?

Your card is connected via mPCIe, therefore this has nothing todo with USB...

Both, the Wifi and the Bluetooth signals interfere with each other due their frequencies. There are Router/AP's out there mostly with a dd-wrt based firmware which has a special "bluetooth compatibility mode" for such dual chipped cards with one antenna.

Are u sure that these issues are not happen on Windows/Linux too?

Your card is connected via mPCIe, therefore this has nothing todo with USB...

You last sentence contains false information. Mini PCIe cards like Wifi+BT use the USB Bus to communicate with the rest of the components. Take a look at "HS13" on the attached photo.

post-99742-0-07363500-1466111160_thumb.jpg

USB was fine I guess, because I solved the problem. I changed my internal network to 5GHZ and now the Bluetooth lag is gone. I still think it's weird that it could happen, maybe Apple's driver isn't that good? I saw some complaints from 'real' Mac users as well. 

• 2 weeks later...