The Gigabyte GA-945P-S3 Thread

10 posts in this topic

I thought I would start this thread and stop posting on the GA-945G-S3 thread.

The main difference between the two is that the G has onboard video and is available abroad and the P has no onboard video and is available in the US.

The P is a pretty good board that works for $90 when you patch the audio with the Rammjet method and the LAN with the DaemonES method. I have an Asus EAX1600XT silent mode v3 video card and it works perfectly with the board but you might have to patch yours.

I have got the FSB up to 326 and 2.61GHz using an e6400 2.13GHz at an Xbench of 140-1 but keep mine at 318 and 2.55GHz with an Xbench of 139-140 with the temperature around 27C idle. Not bad eh?

The only problem is that I cannot disable Beamsync. deferredUpdates keeps switching back to 1 after I change it by the TeKKi method, the DonLuca method and

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Compositor -dict deferredUpdates 0

any ideas?

And also it will not restart in Windows XP Home, Mac OS X, or when I push the reset button on the outside. I have put the connector on the motherboard on both ways and it still act the same. When I select either option or push the button, the computer acts like it restarts but just does not engage the hard drive. Any ideas?

The main difference between the two is that the G has onboard video and is available abroad and the P has no onboard video and is available in the US.

NOTE: I had no luck finding the G version of the motherboard in the UK.

- it's all a cunning plan to make consumers in marginally more affluent countries buy an additional graphics card! :D That said, the Asrock Conroe DVI 945G is available over here, kind of blowing that daft theory out of the water. To save money I defaulted to the available Asrock. I think you get a better overclock with the Gigabyte boards, though. Good confusion-averting move starting up a P thread. :huh:

I have this board as well. I was originally contemplating between the GA-945P-S3 and the GA-965P-S3, however, I ended up with this board because I was building a hackintosh and this board seems to be the easiest to build it with... and it was. After installing just patched the audio and lan and off I went. I used a Gigabyte x1600 PRO for my video card...

Specs:

Intel E6600 (oc to 2.9ghz FSB @ 325 PCI @ 110)

Gigabyte GA-945P-S3

Gigabyte X1600 PRO

4gb RAM

320gb SATA HD

I'm looking at changing my stock cpu cooler but I still have no idea what to change it with maybe you guys can give me an idea of what you have on your setups.

The only problem it seems that I have is that it does this weird error screen where it says it has to restart. I have only seen it when I have let the computer go for awhile and turn off the monitor. It is kind of like the one that comes up for kernel panic. I am running JaS 10.4.8. Anyone know what this is?

I tried not to diable them last night and was not able to wake my machine this morning. The thing is when I was not letting the computer, monitor and hard disk go to sleep was when I was getting the problems. Any suggestions?