Asus NVidia GTX 570 install problems

tarq71

6 posts in this topic

System.......... Mac Pro 3.1 running 10.5.9  (13F1712)   32Gb Ram, Dual 2.8 Processors.

Video Card.... Asus NVidia GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Vendor... NVIDIA (0*10de) Device... 0*1086  Preset... 1.0.0

The monstrosity takes up 3 slots!!!!

Updater V1.4 says driver 310.40.55f01 installed. Ha tried to install it through InsanelyMac Web driver. Blank screen thus used Time Machine backup to re-install. Tried NVIDIA update within V1.4 giving a result of driver 334.01.03f09, tried that from the V1.4 updater package, blank screen again, another restore.

The NVDAStartupWeb.kext patch says nothing found in S/L/E (what's an S/L/E)?

There is an icon on the desktop called NVEnabler.kext. I cannot open it (what is it for)?

Thus I resort to this forum hoping some kind soul will tell me what to do, ie which keys to press :)

Bear with me a bit and please do not get too technical, I have never touched a Mac until 3 weeks ago and few 60+ year olds are computer literate. A kext to me sounds like a cross between a cheshire cat and an Ab minor with a sus 9th....

The system is running not only Mavericks but El Cap 10.11.4 plus Win 7. No problems installing the drivers and CUDA to Win7. The experimental installations are done on Mavericks as I use El Cap as the boot drive and simply restore Mavericks from backups.

I have included a copy of information from Updater 1.4 (if it makes any sense to anyone)....  VBIOS hex value=

55aa73eb 4b373430 30e94c19 77cc5649 44454f20 0d000000 ecl  bah, whatever that means.

Now to hope for a reply :)

Rgds Rob.

Edited by Allan
All posts must be clearly written and easy to read. For example, if you have long blocks of text, enclose it in BBCode; if you have code, use a code box, etc. Limit "empty lines" as much as possible, use punctuation where you can and be concise.

Thanks for the reply Allan. A question, 'boot with nvda_drv=1'. Where does the nvda_drv=1 go?

In plain words how do I boot with nvda drv=1 ?????

Another question, if Mavericks just boots with a plain white screen because it did not like the drivers installed how can I recover without using a backup?

Cheers Rob.

Hi   :)

I also have a GTX 570 (PNY) with the same devide-id (0x108610DE) and it works fine with Mavericks and El Cap. To get it work, you have two (2) ways:

1. With Nvidia Web Driver + GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot flag if you're using Chameleon or InjectNvidia=true if Clover. You don't have to add nvda_drv=1 flag as Nvidia Web Driver installer will do it for you (it will be added in nvram.plist file).
  2. With Clover FakeID feature and device-id 0x108110DE (with this device-id, your GTX 570 will have native support). In fact, most of GTX 570 have device-id 0x108110DE... only a few of them have device-id 0x108610DE.

Good luck!   ;)

fantomas1

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Allan. A question, 'boot with nvda_drv=1'. Where does the nvda_drv=1 go?

In plain words how do I boot with nvda drv=1 ?????

Another question, if Mavericks just boots with a plain white screen because it did not like the drivers installed how can I recover without using a backup?

Cheers Rob.

Read here: How can I specify a flag at boot time?

Hi   :)

I also have a GTX 570 (PNY) with the same devide-id (0x108610DE) and it works fine with Mavericks and El Cap. To get it work, you have two (2) ways:

1. With Nvidia Web Driver + GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot flag if you're using Chameleon or InjectNvidia=true if Clover. You don't have to add nvda_drv=1 flag as Nvidia Web Driver installer will do it for you (it will be added in nvram.plist file).
  2. With Clover FakeID feature and device-id 0x108110DE (with this device-id, your GTX 570 will have native support). In fact, most of GTX 570 have device-id 0x108110DE... only a few of them have device-id 0x108610DE.

Good luck!   ;)

fantomas1

Good tip bro,   :yes:

• Like 2

Read here: How can I specify a flag at boot time?

Good tip bro,   :yes:

Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction. Sort of as I feared Chameleon or Clover is required. I am EXTREMELY new to Macs, thus am somewhat lost.

There seem to be many varieties of Chameleon and Clover and this site is enormous and bewildering to a computer illiterate so exactly which version of Chameleon or Clover do I download? The easiest to use please!

Maybe there is a guide/s somewhere within forums that explains the procedure but I cannot find it/them....

LOL wish one of you lot lived nearby as I would pay you well to do whatever is needed. Sighs, the disadvantage of living in a small village, none up here seem to know anymore about Macs than I do. Ya about zero.

Phoned the local computer 'expert', what a joke all he said was get a 'normal' PC as I don't handle Macs they are a problem! Replied, 'Ya sure 20KG of fine well designed computer verses a tinny load of junk with wires everywhere, in any case have one and dislike it and Microsoft'.

Overall, this is going to be a challenge, a very slow learning process but will learn about Macs and their potentials.....

Rgds to all Rob.

LOL now problems cannot find osx instaler in applications, apple store or anywhere else :(

Edited by tarq71