Need help with QE/CI Gt730 10.11.4

markstewart

6 posts in this topic

This is a first post from me but I have been following the site for many years and thank you to everyone working on this project.

I have had various builds up to now and I currently have a running 10.11.4. I have audio, Ethernet etc.. working from the various kexts, but I do have one problem.

I recently bought a Gigabyte GT730 2Gb, I deleted the nvdisable and replaced with nvdrv=1 and the system boots.

I have a DVI monitor and a HDTV, both function on bootup but without any acceleration on either the monitor or TV.

I am not a new user, but would appreciate greatly if someone could carefully point where I should be looking now, do i need to edit the edid table?

If I need to do something, please instead of saying read the xxxxx post (which I have been doing non stop for days and days) could someone give me the correct instructions.

The machine was much faster using the Point of View GS 8400 512mb, as I understand this is supported natively hence the acceleration.

Again, thank you to everyone who has made this project possible.

Gigabyte EP45 UD3LR

OCZ reaper 1066 * 8gb

Gigabyte GT730 2Gb

WD 500Gb HD x 2

Mark Stewart

follow this instruction from KemalALKIN ( I have changed the instruction and the driver for 10.11.4 ):

10.11.4. Nvidia GT 730 Lastest Driver!
How To Install & Your Need Packages:
1- Install & Boot OS X 10.11.4.
2- Download & extract this files.
3- Download & install lastest Chameleon or Clover from web.
4- Download lastest kext utility from web.
5-1- Extracted kexts copy and paste to /System/Library/Extensions and click change, okay (enter password) and open kext utility.app and enter password and click okay than see enjoy and click quit button and restart.
5-2- Or extracted kexts drag and drop to kext utility.app and enter password and click okay than see enjoy and click quit button and restart.
Nvidia GT 730 by KemalALKIN - Major Hint! - Please Read !
Full speed performance for plase change smbios.plist file:
Change mac type to MacPro5,1 because:
Edited speed lines in AppleGraphicsPowerManagment.kext ; MacPro5,1lines.
Delete This KEXT :
System --> Library -->> Extensions ;
AppleTyMCEDriver.kext because:
Start with MacPro5,1 = kernel panic | solution = delete this AppleTyMCEDriver
And switching very very fast no freeze in tab switch for fast speed = delete this folder in System --> Library --> Extensions AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext
" This driver only all Nvidia GT 730 GPU Models "
Note 1 : Resolution & refresh rate change perfectly work and glass menubar = %100 working your Nvidia GT 730 graphic card.

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Thankyou so much for those instructions, they worked ... or at least they seem to work, the TV looks a bit better as does the monitor but i wouldn't say it was fast ...

On that note, a second question ...

Since upgrading to El Capitan using clover (latest version) my RAM speed is no longer detected, even though it's correctly set in BIOS.

Is this cosmetic (like the GFX RAM)? or is it defaulting to DDR2 800.

Is there something more I need to be looking at ?

thanks 

install NVIDIA webdriver for current OS X Version (use webdriver updater)

then boote with: -v GraphicsEnabler=No KernelCache=No nvda_drv=1

to the RAM, I can tell you little but if a RAM would be defect, then you would get constantly a kernel panic.

So it will be another cause, or the RAM will not recognized correctly by the kernel

I have the latest nvidia driver, and I know the memory checks out as I have stress tested it under windows (prime plus a few others).

I have a new problem since changing the ID from 14.2 (as advised in another thread) to 5.1, my USB ports have to be connected as I boot or the machine will reset after about 60 seconds after inserting any formatted (FAT, FAT32, GPID, NTFS) USB pens. It's not a deal breaker as this is a music machine and I have offline storage permanently connected.

I will the extra boot argument to see if it speeds things up.

thanks again, I may not go bald after all  (pullin' out my hair)