[GUIDE] How To Install El Capitan On Asus Z170M-Plus With Clover Using Pentium G4500

Frank Nitty

58 posts in this topic

Sierra 10.12.1 guide just went live here

you should because if u can't control or read fan speed value u can't increase rpm if the cpu or gpu is getting too hot, i dunno if system can auto manage speed if needed.

as soon u use cpu/gpu for intense video editing or any other stuff u can only see temp getting higher and higher, and no way to cool it down increasing the fan(s) speed .

If u are running a multi-boot system with Windows I would suggest that u download a temperature monitoring utility app such as SpeedFan v4.5.2 to make a determination on whether you need to tinker around with your fan speeds in current state.  

well, i could set into bios all the fans at max speed and result will be the same, getting max cooling power as long the system is on.

but working with "hair dryer" noise level is not the best option.

i hope hwmonitor will be fixed/updated soon..... 

• 1 month later...

do you still have random boot problems?

on my machine (6700k+64gig+gtx970),i get often 2/3 reboot during the final stage of booting seq (everything works smoothly with sleep/wake)

i've tested almost any combination of kernel and kext flags, but i can't figure out why i get a random reboot instead of the log on window.

now i'm with latest 10.11.6,latest clover, imac 17,1 smbios definition,no kernel/kext flags (i disabled default kernelpm,apple rtc, asus aicpupm), and plist patches:

ioapic fix

usb fix

audio id+hdef patch

booting args: -v nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

i had to use agdpfix app, because clover nvidia black screen patch never worked for my gtx970

6700k ssdt file

efi kext:

applealc

intelmausiethernet

fakesmc

usbinject

vodoops2

i don't have the nullcpu.

what's your config?

do you still have random boot problems?

on my machine (6700k+64gig+gtx970),i get often 2/3 reboot during the final stage of booting seq (everything works smoothly with sleep/wake)

i've tested almost any combination of kernel and kext flags, but i can't figure out why i get a random reboot instead of the log on window.

now i'm with latest 10.11.6,latest clover, imac 17,1 smbios definition,no kernel/kext flags (i disabled default kernelpm,apple rtc, asus aicpupm), and plist patches:

ioapic fix

usb fix

audio id+hdef patch

booting args: -v nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

i had to use agdpfix app, because clover nvidia black screen patch never worked for my gtx970

6700k ssdt file

efi kext:

applealc

intelmausiethernet

fakesmc

usbinject

vodoops2

i don't have the nullcpu.

what's your config?

Hey guy, I've sold my Z170 machine so I don't have a realtime resource that I can reference when coming up with my troubleshooting suggestions. I have come to find that this motherboard can be finicky when having more than one OS installed. Idk if you followed my guide on Insanelymac or Fl0r!an's but here's a couple of things you should consider: 
  • Video output should only be connected through HDMI.
  • OpenHaltRestart, which clears SLP_SMI_EN at start of macOS system, can help prevent constant reboot loop after installing macOS on this motherboard.
<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
	  <true/>
  • Ensure you have updated to the latest version FakeSMC kext.
  • It is recommended to use iMac14,2 system def instead.
  • Do not add "InjectKexts" or "VolumeType" tag for the macOS volume under GUI/Custom/Entries/ in the config.plist (when designating name of boot menu entries).
  • Last resort
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

sr if u busy, thank you, i have a computer with cpu g4400 and main giga h110m ds2 i setup sierra like u but i alway need cpupowermanagerment i only have 2 speedstep 800mhz and 3300mhz, how to fix it.

Hey sorry for the delay. I'm a busy man, dealing with family and work. You're welcome. So you're aware I don't own that computer anymore... If my memory serves me correct, if you read my 10.12 guide here, it's required to use NullCPUPowerManagement or your hack will KP. If you have anymore questions regarding this board I would advise that you reach out to MaLd0n on his post here.