OS X El Capitan 10.11.4: Skylake Intel HD Graphics General Discussion

Austere.J

67 posts in this topic

well yes. i have seen his guide. but i have 2 issues. 

1) the Universal Bios Backup tools cannot read the system BIOS (phoenix) for some reason.

2) so then i don't know what are the variables to look at or change.

i just obtained a Lenovo ThinkPad T460 with  I5-6300U with Intel HD 520 gfx. got it booted - but seems like an issue with DVMT pre-allocated memory as it cannot load the IntelAccelerator kexts in AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext. will update with progress on full QE/CI. 

was wondering if anyone has been able to run laptop  (id 0x1916000)? windows reports Dedicated graphics to be 128MB which would indicate pre-allocated DVMT to be 128 MB?

it does NOT KP - it gets stuck at apple logo and progress bar -  the IntelAccellerator just gets totaled wedged? any ideas on kext patches?

Tluck go into Linux ( preferably Parted Magic or Ubuntu, both requires latest version and run in UEFI ) run xrandr in your Terminal, let's see if you have LVDS or eDP display. The new Dell Inspiron 5559 uses Intel HD520 and eDP display which has the same problem as you, DVMT pre-alloc is 64MB

@vusun123 -  using xrandr from ubuntu - says eDP1 connected primary 1920x1080 ... so now what!!?? is it a frame buffer edit thing to change the type?

HD 520 doesn't support eDP but I think HD 530 does, considering a lot of laptops use eDP now. Try FakeIntelGFX to HD 530 then use HD 530 ig-platform-id

hmm. {censored}. I wonder since the screen has touch, it must use eDP... there is a non-touch screen option (same res) -- wondering if that would be LVDS? does the dell have touch?

hmm. {censored}. I wonder since the screen has touch, it must use eDP... there is a non-touch screen option (same res) -- wondering if that would be LVDS? does the dell have touch?

Some options have touch, but the one I was given to do experiments doesn't. I returned it due to not having much interest in hacking it ( I don't like Dell a few years back due to restricted bioses and weird settings ) so I will be helping you with it as I'm interested in new Lenovo machines. PM me if you need something 

• 2 weeks later...

@tluck yesterday I encountered a Skylake Acer using HD520 eDP display with 32MB VRAM, and guess what ? For some reason it won't boot into a 10.11.6 installer, and when I try the 10.11.2 recovery made using Bootdisk Utility, it booted. I then proceed to restore a fresh install of 10.11.6 on my main system to that Acer, and it booted fine with full QE/CI, although there's a minor glitch in the top bar ( similar to how HD4400/4600 32MB VRAM needs the 9MB cursor patch, but I solve it by changing color profile to sRGB ). I used Rehabman's hotpatch SSDTs and config.plist for the entire installation process

well. interesting. glad to hear some laptops are working. recovery doesn't use the full gfx - so thats understandable it boots up. but not sure why the 10.11.6 installer failed?

i still cant get it fully come up with the AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext in place. If i use device and frame buffer x19120000 to treat it like a desktop, it will load that kext but not completely.  meaning i need to remove the GL bundle and the MTL bundle.

so it just compounds me. i tried patching frame buffers to make the first buffer eDP (connector-type 04 vs 02) . anyway after a short while i get a KP. so there is something still not right! 

is this sRGB change a DisplayOverride thing?

well. interesting. glad to hear some laptops are working. recovery doesn't use the full gfx - so thats understandable it boots up. but not sure why the 10.11.6 installer failed?

i still cant get it fully come up with the AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext in place. If i use device and frame buffer x19120000 to treat it like a desktop, it will load that kext but not completely.  meaning i need to remove the GL bundle and the MTL bundle.

so it just compounds me. i tried patching frame buffers to make the first buffer eDP (connector-type 04 vs 02) . anyway after a short while i get a KP. so there is something still not right! 

is this sRGB change a DisplayOverride thing?

First of all, use a Chameleon/Enoch USB with no theme to check the VRAM first

• 1 month later...

Still having trouble, the system recognizes my HD530 but I can't seem to 'use' it. (See image below) I can't change the resolution or anything and having massive artefacts. I have my GTX 1060 Disabled with nv_disable=1 in my boot args. Hower the monitor is connected via HDMI on that card because booting witht the hdmi connected to the motherboard stops me at a black screen with blinking cursor. Any help ?

5sdcq4t.png

Still having trouble, the system recognizes my HD530 but I can't seem to 'use' it. (See image below) I can't change the resolution or anything and having massive artefacts. I have my GTX 1060 Disabled with nv_disable=1 in my boot args. Hower the monitor is connected via HDMI on that card because booting witht the hdmi connected to the motherboard stops me at a black screen with blinking cursor. Any help ?

5sdcq4t.png

Update your bootloader first. Desktop HD530 still have artifact, glitches right now

I finally got it to work, I just have to take out my GTX 1060. Any ideas on how to fix this so I don't have to take it out and put it back in whenever I wanna switch between windows and Mac ?

GTX 1060 Plugged in & Monitor connected to motherboard:

Black screen and blinking underscore

GTX 1060 Plugged in & Monitor connected to it:

Boots but resolution is @ 1024x768 and can't get higher

GTX 1060 Unplugged & Monitor connected to motherboard:

Everything works as expected.

• 6 months later...