Reboot after wake problem

Dmitry R

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a skylake Asrock Z170M-ITX_ac m/b with Core i3-6100 and GTX 950 connected via club3d adapter to a 4k@60Hz TV Seiki SE42UMS.  It's running 10.11.3 with clover uefi. I didn't make any direct DSDT patches. I'm using only clover config options and kexts injecting. Almost all works fine. There are 2 problems. First one is that the system doesn't wake up normally after a sleep. It goes to a reboot immediately after wake. I've tried most of the settings in Clover, nothing helped. A piece of log between wake and next boot is attached as well as DarwinDumper report and Clover's config.plist

The second problem is choppy audio over HDMI at 4k@60Hz resolution. Other resolutions as well as other frequencies produce normal sound. I checked the sound with the same 4k@60Hz resolution under windows and all is OK there. So the problem is in software, not in hardware. 

If anybody can help me with these problems It would very much appreciated.

Regards, Dmitry

Archive.zip

DarwinDumper_2.9.9.2_AMI_X64_3358_Cap_dima.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dmitry, 

You might want to look at toleda's guides for HDMI audio with various GPUs. I have an SSDT that was generated with one of his scripts. But I'm not relying on HDMI at the moment. 

I do recognise the Unsynchronised TSC messages. I've been getting them as well, just before processes start to crash (sometimes launchd crashes, which causes a reboot). I've commented on other people's threads here and here. I've already suggested that we stick to one thread to focus everyone's attention. What do you think would be best? It might be a good idea to start a new thread together about this issue, because there's now four of us.

There are workarounds, such as not sleeping or only hibernating, and VoodooTSCSync.kext does prevent a few potential crashes, but there is no "cure" that we know of. Maybe we could work together to solve the problem. 

I did notice that you too have an Asrock board, but the different generation makes me doubt wether that's even a factor. 

Kind regards, 

Pieter

Hello Dmitry, 

You might want to look at toleda's guides for HDMI audio with various GPUs. I have an SSDT that was generated with one of his scripts. But I'm not relying on HDMI at the moment. 

I do recognise the Unsynchronised TSC messages. I've been getting them as well, just before processes start to crash (sometimes launchd crashes, which causes a reboot). I've commented on other people's threads here and here. I've already suggested that we stick to one thread to focus everyone's attention. What do you think would be best? It might be a good idea to start a new thread together about this issue, because there's now four of us.

There are workarounds, such as not sleeping or only hibernating, and VoodooTSCSync.kext does prevent a few potential crashes, but there is no "cure" that we know of. Maybe we could work together to solve the problem. 

I did notice that you too have an Asrock board, but the different generation makes me doubt wether that's even a factor. 

Kind regards, 

Pieter

Hi Pieter, I've tried toleda's scripts, but for me voodoohda works much better on my 882 codec. With toleda's scripts I get a choppy sound after a few minutes of listening while voodoohda plays it for hours without any artefacts. Thou sound over hdmi both methods do the same way. In fact they just enable this option. And because of this I suppose, that bad sound over hdmi at 4k@60hz is a result of bad nvidia web driver implementation of this particular setting.

As what I think would be better, I really don't know. I would suppose, that if anyone from this forum knew the solution, he/she would share it with us. We defenitely are using different platforms with very similar symptoms. I had access to 2 other skylake m/b from asus and gigabyte and both went to sleep and woke up without any problems. So, I'd suppose, it's an asrock dsdt problem. I fixed by clover everything related to acpi power management with no result. Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to find what's logically wrong in dsdt.aml

What new thread you have in mind? Why this thread is not good enough for this?

Dmitry

Dmitry

Hello Dmitry, 

Do you have a generated SSDT from toleda's scripts? That enabled HDMI audio for me. 

As for where to continue with the TSC sync problem, it might be good to have everyone with this issue in the same thread so we can all share what we discover. Also, other people can have one thread to come to with solutions. At the moment, I'm commenting in three threads, and there's a risk of redundant information. 

Good luck, 

Pieter

Hello Dmitry, 

Do you have a generated SSDT from toleda's scripts? That enabled HDMI audio for me. 

As for where to continue with the TSC sync problem, it might be good to have everyone with this issue in the same thread so we can all share what we discover. Also, other people can have one thread to come to with solutions. At the moment, I'm commenting in three threads, and there's a risk of redundant information. 

Good luck, 

Pieter

Yes, I generated ssdt with toleda's script. hdmi audio works fine with either toleda's script or voodoohda.kext. The only problem that is common to both of them is that it doesn't work when I set the resolution to 4k@60Hz. All other resolution settings work equally fine.

Ok, if you think a new thread is a good idea, that's fine with me. Create a new one and let me know where is it.