InsanelyMac Forum
rudgh5744

(Help) i7 3770 SpeedStep

hello guys

i want speedstep. so i try dsdt ssdt patch & clover inject but fail..

clover setting

post-1651791-0-48616200-1454490723_thumb.png

post-1651791-0-63004100-1454490725_thumb.png

how to enable speedstep?

============== PC Spec =================

M/B : Asus P8H77-V

CPU : i7-3770 (not k)

RAM : 8gb * 2ea

VGA : GTX660

OS X : El Capian 10.11.3

(none patch AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext, but clover check Asus AICPUMP)

Boot Arg : -v kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

Thank you

Non Patch.zip

Patch.zip

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vit9696
      This is a kext correcting certain issues at userspace level. At this moment it is only interesting for Ivy owners and newer.

Homepage | Historical background

It is likely reasonable to collect some stats with hardware reports (which ones worked ok, which ones failed). Please use the following format: CPU Model, GPU Model, IGPU Model (including ig-platform-id), OS X version. 

P. S. Read the FAQ before asking any questions.
    • By holyfield
      How about native speedstep on Sierra?

Sierra does not support older firmware id's

The Macs that will run macOS Sierra
      iMac – all models from late 2009, iMac 10,1 – 17,1 MacBook – all models from late 2009, MacBook  6,1 – 9,1 MacBook Pro – all models from 2010, MacBook Pro   7,1 – 11,5 MacBookAir – all models from 2010, MacBook Air  3,1 – 7,2 Mac Mini – all models from 2010, Mac Mini  4,1 – 7,1 Mac Pro – all models from 2010, Mac Pro  5,1 – 6,1   macOS Sierra won’t run on iMac 4,1 – 9,1 MacBook  1,1 – 5,1 MacBook Pro 1,1 – 5,2 MacBookAir 1,1 – 2,1 Mac Mini 1,1 – 3,1 Mac Pro  1,1 – 4,1 Xserve  1,1 – 3,1 Any ideas?
    • By lihaoyun6
      How to check your CPU's SpeedStep more simple and more accurate? Use MSRDumper.kext? isata menus?
      Maybe you have other ways, but I like to do it myself. So I created this application—"CPU-S".
      It is very simple to use—Just open the application, click the button, then you get the information you want.
      I can't wait to share it with you.  And here are some screenshots:

click "SpeedStep Test" to check your CPU's speedstep

one of hint messages

SpeedStep state

one of hint messages

build and copy ssdt.aml to your desktop

Some drivers need to make the app running.
      If your system does not have these drivers, the application will install them.​
      link: https://github.com/lihaoyun6/CPU-S/blob/master/en/CPU-Sv3.7en.dmg
      ​ PS: 
      1.I'm Chinese, so there may be a time difference between me and you. And I may not be able to answer your question in a timely manner. 
       2.I'm not good at English......

Credits: 
      Intel ARK site for CPU info Pike R Alpha's SSDT generator and AICPUPMInfo kext. Kozlek/Rehabman/Slice HWMonitor
    • By Oscar Sanchez
      Hello,
      I've been trying to get Speedstep working on my Intel Core i7 870 (Lynnfield) with no success. I've modified my DSDT with some patches and now I've got different multipliers in every core (x9, x22, x23, x24, x26, I think), but I also want to get working the other multipliers (x11, x17... etc) like in Windows.   I've OS X 10.11.6 and Clover 3676. I use the last version of FakeSMC with its plugins. I've attached my DSDT, IOReg copy and my Clover config.plist.    Thank you, Oscar copia.zip
    • By Marta Reis
      Hi, After a successful installation of 10.10.5 on my x99 system there are still things to fix on post.

I would appreciate every one's help and contribution to solve these problems. 

Needing to be fixed:
      Backlight/Brightness control Sleep/Wake (It doesn't sleep properly and doesn't wake up through mouse touch or keyboard) ThunderboltEX II isn't recognized being the great mystery of this build (devices are always plugged before booting, Bios Security ID is set to Legacy, the card is installed on Pcie x4_1 and recognized in Windows) AppleThunderboltNHI.kext was removed for faster booting Speedstep not accomplished        Nvidia Driver - I can't select it at system preferences. OSX default driver assumes control. One of my software's displays the message "NO CUDA ACCELERATION HARDWARE DETECTED".
      config.plist.zip
      IoReg mac.zip
      SSDT-1.aml.zip
      001_2016-04-15_22-27-13_MacPro6,1.zip