New Build - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - all but USB 3

arstherapia

11 posts in this topic

Guys,

I'm new here, but really counting on your help.

I'm setting up a computer for video editing and DTP and all work fine except for USB 3.0.

I've read hundreds of web pages and forum, but cannot find a working solution. 

Does anyone of you have this board and successfully working USB 3.0 ports?

I would really appreciate help.

Cheers, Rafał

post-1632014-0-62201200-1453646461_thumb.png

That's strange. I have only 2 external drives via USB 3.0, which I can employ to test the ports, and they don't mount when plugged in usb 3.0 port. They mount though when plugged into usb 2.0. 

In system report there is a total mes... I connected 5 things, 4 of which are plugged in usb 2.0 port at the back of the computer, but computer tells me it is usb 3.0 ... wtf ?

post-1632014-0-93170900-1453658221_thumb.jpg

Update... after installing El Captain for the third time, after screwing things up with clover configurator and finishing unable to boot anymore, no matter what flags I'd chosen, I decided to leave things as they are - just usb 2 ports, everything else working fine.

That's a shame - I really wish I could use it, but I need to work and can't risk anymore.

Is there any safe way you could recommend to try? 

It seems that Asus Sabertooth z97 mark 2 is not the safest choice for hackintosh:(

Do you know any pci card with usb 3.0 that will work out of a box on El Captain?

Even with a huge help of Herve ( thank you once again ) I wasn't able to get usb 3 to work. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310404-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2212869

Finally, I managed to install the system with smbios 14,2. After copying the dsdt.aml file and installing the kext, I could not boot anymore. 
I reinstalled the system once more. I think I will have to live without Usb 3.0. That's it, I give up.

Just one question: if the usb ports are not mapped properly, and usb 2.0 is shown in the system as 3.0 , is it still safe to do important backups via this usb port?

( yeah, that's pain in the neck, over 4 TB of data ).

Google USB Inject All from Rehabman github, you will get a glimpse of your problem

Thank you for your reply, I've done my homework and was just about to install this kext, but then I've read smth that scared the {censored} out of me - I've tried to rename it before and my system crashed, wouldn't boot and I had to reinstall all the system and software from the scratch. "smth" below:

Note: This kext assumes you already renamed EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02. It also assumes your XHCI controller is named XHC (not renamed to XHC1). These names EH01/EH02/XHC are best to avoid conflicts with built-in port injectors for Apple computers. Refer to config_patches.plist in this repo for the patches required (config_patches.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches).

hello

u can follow this guide ..

(GUIDE) 10.11 full speed USB (series 8/9) keeping vanilla SLE    

but to work u must follow and apply the things ... unless someone have the same hardware u have .. and just give u .. the files ..

not easy to do ur work .. without the hardware ..

good hack

• Like 1

hello

u can follow this guide ..

(GUIDE) 10.11 full speed USB (series 8/9) keeping vanilla SLE    

but to work u must follow and apply the things ... unless someone have the same hardware u have .. and just give u .. the files ..

not easy to do ur work .. without the hardware ..

good hack

I'd love to follow that guide, but... I would need a working yosemite system, and here is a problem. I do not have a yosemite install app, cannot download from app store as apple has removed the possibility to download it... Is there any way I can download Yosemite ?