Asus Z10PE-D8 WS • 2x XEON E5-2680 v3 • Clover • El Capitan • System lags / freezes :(

analogo

62 posts in this topic

How did it go?

It was not possible, the Radeon R9 390  to get working in accelerated mode and returned the card. Bought a MSI GTX960 Gaming 4G, but the same problem as with the GT740, even with adapted DSDT and SSDTs. With nv_disable=1 almost working smoothly and with nvda_drv=1 unresponsive and laggy like hell..  :wallbash:

Then I tried some other kexts and BIOS settings. Now I´m reading one more time some threads (one of them with over 80 pages) about Asus Z9PE-D8 WS / Z10PE-D8 WS, C610 / C612 / X99, etc. in another large forum.

Finally I hope to find the ultimate solution or someone can help me..  :help:

It was not possible, the Radeon R9 390  to get working in accelerated mode and returned the card. Bought a MSI GTX960 Gaming 4G, but the same problem as with the GT740, even with adapted DSDT and SSDTs. With nv_disable=1 almost working smoothly and with nvda_drv=1 unresponsive and laggy like hell..  :wallbash:

Then I tried some other kexts and BIOS settings. Now I´m reading one more time some threads (one of them with over 80 pages) about Asus Z9PE-D8 WS / Z10PE-D8 WS, C610 / C612 / X99, etc. in another large forum.

Thats not good :(

What happens with a single CPU installed?

No, I literally mean a single CPU installed.

Thank you for your tip, but I'm just too exhausted after the week-long search for the problem to develop a CPU and then install again.  :compress: Maybe in the near future, or is it possible to deactivate one of the CPUs?

I'm currently struggling through a similar build on a SM X10DRG-Q. It gives me hope that you've been able to boot, I haven't been able to get past PCI Configuration Begin.

I was under the impression that El Cap still had the 32 thread cap, is that not the case anymore? If so, I'll be very excited to use all 56 threads on mine once it's finally up and running. Have you tried running it with HT disabled?

Wtf my score is about 15k

Yeah, but not working smoothly.. 

I'm currently struggling through a similar build on a SM X10DRG-Q. It gives me hope that you've been able to boot, I haven't been able to get past PCI Configuration Begin.

I was under the impression that El Cap still had the 32 thread cap, is that not the case anymore? If so, I'll be very excited to use all 56 threads on mine once it's finally up and running. Have you tried running it with HT disabled?

Wow, 56 threads.. :D Probably now can be used more than 32 threads..

Yes, I tried 2x 12 core without HT, but the same problem..

Can you post your configuration, like BIOS settings, config.plist and used kexts?

Maybe I can help you to get your monster working..  B)

Edit:

And your hardware components..

Analogo, my basic config is as follows:

HW:

Supermicro Superserver 7048 GRTR

X10DRG-Q Mobo

2x Xeon E5-2697v3

4x 32GB Samsung DDR4 2133mhz DIMMS

1x PNY GTX 960

3x PNY GTX 980ti

Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD

Blackmagic Decklink 4k Pro

Atto R680

8x Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB

BIOS:

HT off

VT-d off

Onboard GFX Disabled (Jumper)

CSM Disabled

USB 3 off

XHCI diasbled

Clover v2r3330 w/ attached config.plist

Drivers:

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

DataHubDxe-64.efi

FSInject-64.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

PartitionDxe-64.efi

VBoxHfs-64.efi

Kext:

FakeSMC 6.14

NullCPUPowerManagement

VoodooTSCSync

I've gone through just about every iteration of BIOS options, kexts, boot flags, kernel patches, etc. Installer USB and vanilla drive built from an external system reboot at 3rd [PCI Configuration Begin]. I've attached my ACPI tables as well in case that helps.

config.plist.zip

origin.zip

@Seandonnelly

Thank you..

I´m still testing without a break to get a smoothly working system and will not be at home for about four weeks, beginning from tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to write a guide in a new thread before. Otherwise hopefully in February..

• 7 months later...

Hi Analogo,

I currently have :

• ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS

• 2x XEON E5-2680 v3

• 64 gig ram

• EVGA GTX 760 SC

• Lastest ver Clover

• El Capitan 10.11.6

I am able to boot into EL Capitan but I have the following issues, I cannot get the NVIDIA drivers to work(Working ok with default drivers), if I set the profile to Mac Pro6,1 it knocks out my display when I boot into the OS. I can hear sound but no display. Lastly, not all USB ports are working but my USB 3.0 are working. I have a recording studio and so far Logic X Pro, Cubase 8.5, Studio One 3.3 and Pro Tools 12.5.2 is working with no issues. Hyper-Threading stops my network port from working.

Maybe we can go over some of the BIOS setting to fix the problem?

If you have sound but no display it is likely the AGDP fix needed for the 6,1 SMBIOS that is well documented elsewhere on this forum.

I can only boot with nv_disable=1 as well, however my issue seems to be different as I just get a reset as soon as 2nd stage boot starts.

As far as USB I have had similar issues, which seemed to go away after playing with the XHCI BIOS settings.

• 3 weeks later...

My system update,

So I got almost everything to work. The Nvidia drivers are finally working, the Mac 6,1 SMBIOS finally loaded with the AGDP fix but still not displaying my hardware correctly in "About this Mac". Booting is OK considering I have an Intel SSD as my boot drive. I also tried turning on several settings in the BIOS which seems to work. The following settings still allowed me to Boot with no issues.

VT-d=On

USB 3=On (I have two ports not working)

XHCI=On

HT still knocks out the network ports and the Nvidia drivers.

Otherwise everything running smoothly, again I'm using my system for my Recording Studio and some Video editing and all my programs are working. I'm still doing some minor tweaking to get better Geekbench results. I will post my results in a few days. If anyone needs help let me know. I will try and post a tutorial on how I did my setup.

• Like 2

Hi Analogo,I currently have : • ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS• 2x XEON E5-2680 v3• 64 gig ram• EVGA GTX 760 SC• Lastest ver Clover • El Capitan 10.11.6I am able to boot into EL Capitan but I have the following issues, I cannot get the NVIDIA drivers to work(Working ok with default drivers), if I set the profile to Mac Pro6,1 it knocks out my display when I boot into the OS. I can hear sound but no display. Lastly, not all USB ports are working but my USB 3.0 are working. I have a recording studio and so far Logic X Pro, Cubase 8.5, Studio One 3.3 and Pro Tools 12.5.2 is working with no issues. Hyper-Threading stops my network port from working.Maybe we can go over some of the BIOS setting to fix the problem?

How many sticks of memory? All cpus with hyper threading detected?

How many sticks of memory? All cpus with hyper threading detected?

I have 4 16 gig Samsung 2133 DDR4 2133

Yes all are detected, I can boot with Hypertheading on but no network working and sometimes it causes some weird things with Logic Pro. I can see all cores in Logic.