ElCapitan 10.11.2 on GA 945GCM S2C

dukegris

44 posts in this topic

I've just  install ElCapitan 10.11.1 on a 2008 MB GA 945GCM S2C. The worse part was the first install because i can't make a working USB for the Vanilla method, so i finally make a boot USB with Chimera from tonymacx86 with Clover. It was extremely slow boot but finally i install the OS in an GPT partition. After the first install i need to boot with the USB the new partition, just to install this Kext's with Kext Utility 2.6.4 (I lost a lot of time using other Kext utilities but this one works):

FakeSMC.kext (6.16.1372)

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext for the integrated ethernet card

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (1.6.6.25) in order to have the Intel GMA950 working (Yes, it works!!! not full QE but just works). I think this one comes from Lion 10.7.5 x64

I install ApplePS2Controller, ApplePS2Keyboard and ApplePS2Mouse Kext for an old PS2 HP keyboard and mouse

Just for making this works, i make an DSDT including the following:

Use the GA 945GCM S2C from the old DSDT AutoPatcher with the DTGP method.

Make sure you put the patches for GMA950 desktop, Shutdown Gigabyte, New HPET, LPC, RTC, AZAL to HDEF, GIGE, 3 states, CPU0-3 from DSDT Editor

To get the USB working, i need to rename the DSDT entries for USB as EHCx for the address 0x001D0000, 0x001D0001, 0x001D0002 and 0x001D0003 and use EH01 for address 0x001D0007 in order to use the USB 2.0 properly in ElCapitan

​In order to boot the computer with the recently installed OS X, i use Enoch Boot Loader, with:

<key>CrsActiveConfig</key>

<string>0</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Finally i update El Capitan 10.11.2 from the AppleStore and it works!

So now i has an old Core 2 Duo with the following:
- Intel GMA950 works
- Ethernet RTL 8101E works
- ALC 662 sound don't work with the modified AppleHDA, but i need to make more test including correct layouts in AppleHDA.kext

- Reserved

post-1297472-0-99555800-1449694411_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

So you were able to get network working on this build with AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext ?   Is your chipset the 8169?   Could you please provide a link to the working kext for this as I have not been able to find one working on El Capitan and know a few people who also are trying to get this going.  Thank you!

• 11 months later...

For sound try with applealc + dsdt patch with id 5, 7 or 11

i have Gigabyte Ga 945gm s2 with Core2Duo E4500 and audio work with DSDT + AppleAlc

u dont need patched applehda

btw, i use Clover. The bootloader is amazin'

For sound try with applealc + dsdt patch with id 5, 7 or 11

i have Gigabyte Ga 945gm s2 with Core2Duo E4500 and audio work with DSDT + AppleAlc

u dont need patched applehda

btw, i use Clover. The bootloader is amazin'

Hello Maldon could you please share your custom dsdt with me? i, trying to build a rig with some spare parts i have

• Like 1

what ur mobo?

send me ur files, i edit for u

-Post ur full Clover folder
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files, generate in ur desktop

im trying to put together a hackingtosh with a ga-945gcm-s2c ,zotac gts25o eco,3gb of ram, right now i have the rig runing windows , i have to say im a little rusty on this since my main rig is much easier to make work , but i will read on a little and post the files

I really apreciate your help Maldon, obrigado!

Create ur bootable stick el capitan, install clover and replace folders inside folder i sent u

see

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

after install send me files ;)

i have a usb with sierra install already on it , my processor is a e7400 which i think supports sse4.1 would it work?

• Like 1

ofc ;)

update: i managed to install iatkos L on it but el Capitan and sierra usb wont boot, wont even go to the bootloader  here(image) for about two minutes and the proceeds to boot the os(windows ), i dont know if it has to do with the usb being partitiones to GUID partiotion map? or i have to do something to make the bootloader to load from the usb , pd. i updated the bios to the latest beta bios from gigabyte (f6d) but still no go

http://imgur.com/a/MqJPz

Edit:  i managed to boot to clover but i loose usb keyboard as soon as i type (trying to use -v )

• Like 1

Create ur usb stick with it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/

Install Clover in USB stick with option

attachicon.gif01.png

put files in correct folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Enable USB support in bios ;)

i managed to boot the install with enoch, but i get a kernel panic from intelpowermanager, i guess is not loading the nullpowermanagement kext , i will re-download sierra app and try your method and report back

ye, use Clover + DSDT + minimal kexts, avoid many problems ;)

Success! i managed to install Sierra, i used a ps2/usb adapter for my keyboard and installed now im on sierra , no audio , no ethernet and for some reason usb doestwork on clover but it does work once i boot sierra

Next step is to install clover in my sistem drive ? add fake smc, and nullcpu... to other kext folder right?

here the .zip folder from runme app  thanks in advance

Send me Qarantasei’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

i get an instant reboot after verbose and when i get to boot i get artifacts the a reboot

Edit: reinstalled[the system but when i erase the clover folder and put your in i get this (image)post-268115-0-71896200-1489643044_thumb.jpg

edit2: i used the clover folder from the usb installer and added the rtl8111 kext. but no internet still , vodoo kext gives kernel panic and i think i don't need it cause i use usb mouse and keyboard (the problem is during clover, i cant use usb mouse or keyboard to select volume to boot)

The image is in shutdown process?

What u use in GPU? DVI or VGA?

after install follow it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309787-elcapitan-10112-on-ga-945gcm-s2c/?p=2385209

and put kexts, config.plist and DSDT

dont replace full folder, try it

firstly i was using vga, the unplugged vga and plugged hdmi but the vga remained( the os thought i was using dual monitors) after reinstall i am using dvi, maybe i need to put correct nvcap or something like that.

after reinstall i reinstalled clover but instead of boot0ss on mbr i put boot0af on mbr, is is booting ok i put your kexts except voodoops2 and added nullcpupow...kext since i dont have dsdt i acpi custom

next step it to move out nullcpu...kext and put your custom dsdt in and try

ps: audio and ethernet are not working

http://imgur.com/a/AxjW5

http://imgur.com/a/bjgUH

my gt 220 dvi always worked never used vga. used efi studio to make the dvi port work