Can't even boot Installer

MacBob61

5 posts in this topic

I've decided to give El Capitan a try. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I can not boot the installer. I am attempting this with Enoch Chameleon. I have tried both Chris1111's installer, as well as building my own, manually.

Here's what happens - when booting from the USB, I get through the screen that loads all the kexts, but as soon as that completes, I get the following message flashing on the screen for about 1/10 second:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000326346): “zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed”@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1011/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2199

...and it then immediately reboots. 

It does exactly this, no matter what boot flags, boot args or any combination thereof that I try. Some research has suggested that this type of error points to bad RAM. I reject that out of hand, since, as you see in my sig., I run Yosemite (and have run Mavericks) with no errors or problems whatsoever, as well as 2 other OSes! Also, I have run memtest diagnostic for 10 full passes, with no errors. The RAM is good.

If anyone has any other knowledge on this, your input would be appreciated!

Thanks...

Bob

boot into your yosemite 10.10.5 , install the following kexts to your installer usb

fakesmc

fakesmc plugins

generic usbxhci 

nullcpupower management 

see u get lucky, hope it works.

boot into your yosemite 10.10.5 , install the following kexts to your installer usb

fakesmc

fakesmc plugins

generic usbxhci 

nullcpupower management 

No change.

Did you put them in 10.11 folder in clover/EFI 

Make sure your DSDT is in place and other relevant stuff to get it working 

Using Enoch Chameleon, not Clover.