flash player not working on el capitan

scott_donald

11 posts in this topic

Installed a fresh copy of Flash player - latest onto a brand new install of El Capitan 10.11.1

Installed Flash and it worked for an hour

next day turned on the computer and youtube, instagram and BBC videos no longer worked... nothing else was installed. video seems to load but i get the first frame in the screen and nothing moves.

Installed Chrome, Safari and Firefox no difference

Adobe flash help page says it is installed and the animated graphic works 

Uninstalled flash used the uninstaller numerous times

reinstalled with no change

installed the latest java runtime and no change...

in the settings area for flash it says i have both versions installed etc and up to date

no firewall

so confused as to why it is not working... i have another mac pro that it is working fine... i don't want to reformat again and find the same problem...

any ideas???

installed on a gigabyte z77 3dh with a gtx 620 graphics and clover boot loader....

seems with or without flash... no online video works... 

hi..

mine seam working on 10.11..

when I loaded "virtual regatta" (a game), it says.."Missing plugin", looking for a flash player

at details..I go to "get Adobe" and download an install flash...

now the game works..and internet movies too...

if it helps..

c.frio

hmmm just uninstalled flash...

rebooted...

loaded youtube with no flash player installed and it seems the same as with flash installed... first frame you can see, video buffers but nothing plays and it doesnt suggest to download a plugin...

loaded BBC Iplayer... it suggests plugin... i install it and then no change on the video same as above...

any more ideas??? need video to work....

hmmm just uninstalled flash...

rebooted...

loaded youtube with no flash player installed and it seems the same as with flash installed... first frame you can see, video buffers but nothing plays and it doesnt suggest to download a plugin...

loaded BBC Iplayer... it suggests plugin... i install it and then no change on the video same as above...

any more ideas??? need video to work....

Can you give us an example of a video (let's say YouTube) and a browser (so that we don't install all of them, if the problem occurs with all of them) that doesn't work for you? So we can work on a concrete case?

I've had some issues with Opera before. Because newer versions look for hardware decoding. And I don't think my card supports that. So I switched to Safari and, with no Flash Player installed, I've got no problems so far.

Still, one of those browsers should have worked. So let's see. Maybe this is a different issue.

Also, see what does this page tell you: https://www.youtube.com/html5

Can you give us an example of a video (let's say YouTube) and a browser (so that we don't install all of them, if the problem occurs with all of them) that doesn't work for you? So we can work on a concrete case?

I've had some issues with Opera before. Because newer versions look for hardware decoding. And I don't think my card supports that. So I switched to Safari and, with no Flash Player installed, I've got no problems so far.

Still, one of those browsers should have worked. So let's see. Maybe this is a different issue.

Also, see what does this page tell you: https://www.youtube.com/html5

i do not have access to the z77 till tomorrow since it is at my mothers...

she uses Safari as the default browser and on my very similar install on my z87 build it says html5 is currently used where possible

i do not have flash installed on my z87 but it says that chrome has flash preinstalled in it... 

only difference between this z87 build and the z77 is the hardware and the config file along with the correct kext files...

only difference in the previous z77 10.10 build vs the 10.11 build in the config file and installed software... 

i am tempted to just reinstall but would have to back up everything first and scared that it does not fix everything.... 

i do not have access to the z77 till tomorrow since it is at my mothers...

she uses Safari as the default browser and on my very similar install on my z87 build it says html5 is currently used where possible

i do not have flash installed on my z87 but it says that chrome has flash preinstalled in it...

only difference between this z87 build and the z77 is the hardware and the config file along with the correct kext files...

only difference in the previous z77 10.10 build vs the 10.11 build in the config file and installed software...

i am tempted to just reinstall but would have to back up everything first and scared that it does not fix everything....

Can you upload your configs from both hacks, for comparison? After cleaning the smbios part away.

Also, are you running both with or without Nvidia drivers?

Can you upload your configs from both hacks, for comparison? After cleaning the smbios part away.

Also, are you running both with or without Nvidia drivers?

well spent my lunch hour and then a while before dinner tonight...

seems its USB problem... 4 rows of USB in the back - 2x2 USB 2.0 and 2x2 USB 3.0...

when i have sound USB card with any other USB in a single row then there is no video on any of the browsers... when i have one in each then its working...

the Stupid USB problem for EL Capitan is hitting that computer hard!!! similar in my own Z87 build where i only have half of them working but i am waiting for a more concrete simpler fix....

well spent my lunch hour and then a while before dinner tonight...

seems its USB problem... 4 rows of USB in the back - 2x2 USB 2.0 and 2x2 USB 3.0...

when i have sound USB card with any other USB in a single row then there is no video on any of the browsers... when i have one in each then its working...

the Stupid USB problem for EL Capitan is hitting that computer hard!!! similar in my own Z87 build where i only have half of them working but i am waiting for a more concrete simpler fix....

I guess this is something specific to these two motherboards. I've got no such issues with my Gigabyte. All USBs are working fine. And YouTube videos are also loading fine.

Pretty random cause, if you ask me. I mean, you wouldn't expect USBs to be related to any video glitches.

I guess this is something specific to these two motherboards. I've got no such issues with my Gigabyte. All USBs are working fine. And YouTube videos are also loading fine.

Pretty random cause, if you ask me. I mean, you wouldn't expect USBs to be related to any video glitches.

i know day 2 and everything is fine still...

got all usb working on my Asus Z87 now... just need to get round to the gigabyte z77 3dh.... seems hardly anyone has this board now...