How do I enter bootflags in Clover?

gabryele

7 posts in this topic

I Create a Bootable USB with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].
Restart
I have this screen:
IMG_0049.jpg

the installation don't load, my computer reboots itself.
But i read

If you have issues reaching the installer, first make sure you're using a USB 2.0 port. If you're using a NVIDIA 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 750, 750 Ti, 950, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, or TITAN X graphics card, the drivers are not natively supported. You may need to enter the boot flag nv_disable=1 to reach the installer. For instructions on entering boot flags see Clover Basics and Switching Advice.

ok also with chimera I must type nv_disable=1

i dont' find no one command to enter bootflag.

if i press SPACE i go to this screen:

IMG_0051.jpg

Where can I enter nv_disable=1 ??????

I red

In Clover, to add boot-args to those you have already put into the config.plist use right arrow key to tab over to the options icon and hit enter.

I don't understand, i have to go on option (gears icon) but if I press right arrow the clover select icon to the right, not show me nothing.

Those little icons (under HDDs) are the key. One should read Boot and there you'll see bootflag options.

Let me take a picture, BRB! 

Edit:

Since pictures are upside down I'm removing them. 

Go to little icon under HDDs named Options, and edit Boot Args.

Yes, add -v too to see what is going on (or boot in verbose mode option from HDD - space key).

Btw, those options stay just for that boot, so you'll have to add them every time, or add them to config.plist from Clover Configurator once you are in OS X, then they're there forever.

P.S. I just saw it, so ill leave my posts for the moderators to edit if they like, but you really shouldn't use those tools you used and ask for help here.

This guy is trying really hard to make all possible installers for someone who don't want to use mount-copy-paste or createinstallmedia methods:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=951341

• 4 weeks later...

Hello every one, I have slightly different question, how do I use the block kext option in clover? gathering from the info in verbose mode, I need to block com.apple.driver.AppleAirPortBrcm43224 since causing a panic. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks