Black screen when trying to boot Yosemite with GTX 960

Ru551an_l1nk

3 posts in this topic

First. I was able to install Yosemite using the niresh 10.10.1 image. The only flags i used was npci=0x300 and -v. After when i try to boot Yosemite i end up getting black screen after it load all kexts. Here is my desktop build:

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Amd-Fx 9370

Msi GTX- 960 2gb

So i only have the gtx 960. no IGPU. i use and used these flags: npci=0x3000, -v, nv_disable=1, -f(gives me a "not a intel machine, restart fix not applied error without it), graphicsenabler=yes(and used no also same results), nvda_drv=0(and tried 1 with same results). 

If i don't use the -f flag it says i have an unsupported card even before it starts loading the kexts, so that doesn't work. When i do use the -f flag and either to enable or disable my graphics driver or card(also tried not using the flag at all) it loads the kexts, but still black screen. 

Simply it breaks down to this:

Both I have to use npci=0x3000 cause I have a Asus motherboard.

Without -f, and with all possible nvidia flag and graphicsenabler flag combinations. Output: Doesn't recognize my graphics card as supported, "not a intel machine, restart fix not applied error and have to restart. 

With -f flag and with all possible nvidia flag and graphicsenabler flag combinations. Output: Passes the supported and fix check and loads kexts but as soon as it boots darwin, black screen, no restart though.

The kernel i am using is:  bronya_kernal_10.10_rc7, dont think its causing anything as verbose isn't panicking.

Is there something i'm missing? i can obviously load graphics from my card since I was able to install, but cant seam to boot into it. I just need to simply boot so i can install the quadro driver for my card.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

....and again I will reply to your same question ....

Install OS X according to the rules then you will receive assistance. I can not understand why you use distros it?

The answer to your question is simple. :-))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...