(GUIDE) 10.11 full speed USB (series 8/9) keeping vanilla SLE

wegface
497 posts in this topic

patch def works, tested 3 times now, maybe your maciasl is old

Maciasl is ver 1.4 (269). Can you clarify for me? Do I generate the DSDT for patching from Clover on my Yosemite SSD and put the patch in Clover on my El Cap SSD. Or, do I patch the DSDT direct from Clover on the El Cap SSD?

OSX version don't mater, just use F4 and use the DSDT file from origin.

Oh and do remember to click compile.

Argggh this is driving me demented. Not having any luck. Maciasl v1.4 (269) - I have ACPI specifications set to 5.0a in iASL tab. whenever I open the DSDT and click patch, select the patch from Pjalm repo and I get error "Compiler Version Rejected. The Patch has rejected the compiler version selected in preferences." I tried selecting 5.1 and even 4.0 - same error

post-1391658-0-45553400-1444861358_thumb.png

Jolly what's the point in doing it for him, it doesn't help others.

We need to figure out why it don't work for him.

I thought the same thing:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/page-16?do=findComment&comment=2177763

This the response of Wegface:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/page-16?do=findComment&comment=2177775

But I agree with you, better to teach to fish than to gift a fish

DSDT removed

Jolly what's the point in doing it for him, it doesn't help others.

We need to figure out why it don't work for him.

Hi again PJALM and once again appreciate the patience of yourself Wegface and Jolly, thanks. I did a clean install of El Cap. Generated DSDT in Clover, applied your patch in Maciasl, clicked compile, no errors, saved to Clover/EFI/ACPI/Patched and rebooted. My rig now recognises my USB3 flash drive in the rear USB3 ports under the USB 3.0 bus, however, it is running at 480 MB/sec rather than 5GB/sec. See screenshot. Would be great to fix this, can you help? Feel I am making progress (all credit to helpers)!

Edit. My USB 2 devices are also showing up under the USB 3.0 bus: keyboard and mouse wireless dongle both in USB 2 ports

post-1391658-0-28387400-1444923364_thumb.png

Edited by crawfyp1

Hi, All

in IOJones

USB Flash Drive 2.0 -> USB 2.0 (IOJones recognised as HSxx) 

USB Flash Drive 2.0 -> USB 3.0 (IOJones recognised as HSxx)

USB Flash Drive 3.0 -> USB 2.0 (IOJones recognised as HSxx)

USB Flash Drive 3.0 -> USB 3.0 (IOJones recognised as SSPx)

also keyboard, mouse and bluetooth module.

Whatever devices I plugged in they are display under USB 3.0 Bus. Is this normal?

Please see an attached image. 

Thank you.

P.S: Mine is not the same as crawfyp1, My USB Flash drive 3.0 is 5GB/s

edit: added image with flash drive usb 3.0 plugged.

post-1187041-0-14736300-1444924071_thumb.png

post-1187041-0-94979500-1444924986_thumb.png

Edited by meteorite

There was no need to remove the dsdt. One could say that applying an AIO patch also does not teach, but hey its alot faster and easier than looking what patches a dsdt might need. ;)

On the other hand having success with an AIO opens the door to further learning. Either way is fine with me if people dont want to learn these things, not all find them interesting nor exciting.

Hi again PJALM and once again appreciate the patience of yourself Wegface and Jolly, thanks. I did a clean install of El Cap. Generated DSDT in Clover, applied your patch in Maciasl, clicked compile, no errors, saved to Clover/EFI/ACPI/Patched and rebooted. My rig now recognises my USB3 flash drive in the rear USB3 ports under the USB 3.0 bus, however, it is running at 480 MB/sec rather than 5GB/sec. See screenshot. Would be great to fix this, can you help? Feel I am making progress (all credit to helpers)!

Edit. My USB 2 devices are also showing up under the USB 3.0 bus: keyboard and mouse wireless dongle both in USB 2 ports

If you applied the AIO patch, you need then apply the rename patch from the first post of this thread as the AIO patches dont have this in them afaik.

• Like 1

There was no need to remove the dsdt. One could say that applying an AIO patch also does not teach, but hey its alot faster and easier than looking what patches a dsdt might need. ;)

On the other hand having success with an AIO opens the door to further learning. Either way is fine with me if people dont want to learn these things, not all find them interesting nor exciting.

If you applied the AIO patch, you need then apply the rename patch from the first post of this thread as the AIO patches dont have this in them afaik.

Thanks Weg. OK so I'm trying to follow OP instructions and new stuff to learn. I mapped my ports, that's done. I have question re "step 2. note adr of each port". When I open my DSDT, I don't seem to have XHC1 at the location OP shows, I have XHC as shown in screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

post-1391658-0-66203500-1444932481_thumb.png

Thanks Weg. OK so I'm trying to follow OP instructions and new stuff to learn. I mapped my ports, that's done. I have question re "step 2. note adr of each port". When I open my DSDT, I don't seem to have XHC1 at the location OP shows, I have XHC as shown in screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

XHC is fine :)

Can't get my USB3 work anyway...

My laptop has only 3 USB ports, one of them is a 3.0 bus.

I've already tried some dummy kexts and DSDT edits but none of them have had effect on XHCI controller.

If I disable XHCI support in BIOS, all ports work under EHC1 and EHC2 (from the original kext). Besides, i'm booting from an External HDD with USB 3.0 support.

If I enable XHCI support in BIOS, none of the ports work and I can't boot through USB 3.0 port nor none of the USB 2.0 ones. Since I can't boot this way, I need to let the option disabled in BIOS to get into de system.

Don't know what to try anymore...

I'm letting my DSDT and IOReg file and will be very thankful if someone could help.

DSDT+IOREG.zip

You only have 10 ports so whats the issue?

In fact I have more than 10 ports, it's GA-Z97X-UD3H. And according to screenshot in first post (and all other screenshots and guides) I should see some data on the right section?

Looks like there is missing something.

Device (HS01)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                }

Device (HS02)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x02)  // _ADR: Address
                }

Device (HS03)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x03)  // _ADR: Address
                }

Device (HS04)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x04)  // _ADR: Address
                }

Hi, wegface

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/page-17?do=findComment&comment=2178053

I just want to make sure my USB ports now working, could you answer my question please? :worried_anim:

If you need more information I'll provide. 

Thank you every much.

p.s: What is "AIO patch" stand for? :huh:

Hi, wegface

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/page-17?do=findComment&comment=2178053

I just want to make sure my USB ports now working, could you answer my question please? :worried_anim:

If you need more information I'll provide. 

Thank you every much.

p.s: What is "AIO patch" stand for? :huh:

All In One, is for a specific Motherboard

• Like 1

Hello all,

Would you have any solution for MacMini 2,1 ? :) First post ever here but same issues on USB Hub not working and no solution coming from the Apple side.

Install Key is fine with Pike R Alpha new Boot.efi, but install stops at USB Kext load. 

I know this is for Hackintosh, but Macmini 2006/2007 could be considered Hackintosh too as not supported by Apple and I hope not to be banned on my 1st post !

Thanks for all advise I could receive. IOJones & MaciASL installed on my Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5.

Best

OK, a little progress but not quite there. What I have done:

1. Used PJALMS AIO Patch for my DSDT

2. In Maciasl, load DSDT and note ADR of ports. Note, I couldn't find anything under EHC1, I found all my ports under XHC, I trust this is OK?

3. Used patch to rename EHC1 to EHC01 etc. I didn't understand what "remember to use injector" meant, but I clicked apply, compile and saved the DSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched

4. Edited plist in USB_Series8_Injector.zip with plist edit pro. I had to add a couple of ports and also changed values for internal (3 or 255). I am a little confused with "Usb 3.0 (SSP) they start at 10 so one will be: 10 00 00 00, two will be 11 00 00 00 etc." I'm probably being thick but if they start at ten why do I need to know what one will be? Anyway, my SSP01 had ADR 10 so I used value 0A000000, I don't know if this is correct. For highest port, my SSP06 has ADR 15 so I changed port-count to 0F000000, again not sure if correct. I saved the changes and put the kext into EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11

5. Reboot

Result:

Referring to screen shot attached. SSP03 and SSP05 now recognise my USB3 flash drive and it shows under USB 3.0 bus with 5 GB/s speed. SSP04 and SSP06 do not recognise my USB3 flash drive at all. All other ports seem to work, however, I note that my USB2 devices (keyboard, mouse dongle) show up under USB 3.0, but they work.

Note. I observed that in DSDT it lists up to port HS15, the map I created in Yosemite only went up to HS14. I entered the values from DSDT up to HS15 in the kext. Is this a clue as to the remaining problems?

Attached also is my DSDT and my edited injector kext.

Hope someone can help me across the finishing line.

post-1391658-0-90798100-1445105849_thumb.jpg

USB_Series8_Injector.kext.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Just thought I would provide a few updates to this thread.

1) not sure that it makes much of a difference, but I ended up trying to get the Wildcat Point IOClass loaded instead of the Lynxcat - that works by changing my _DSM in the DSDT to report:

"device-id",
                       Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0xB1, 0x9C, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
2) surprising as that was to me, my ASMedia controller now works - it even changes my iPad:

USB 3.0 Bus:
  Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
  PCI Device ID: 0x1142 
  PCI Revision ID: 0x0000 
  PCI Vendor ID: 0x1b21 

iPad:

Product ID: 0x12ab
  Vendor ID: 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.)
  Version: 5.03
  Serial Number: the serial number of an iPad Air 2
  Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
  Location ID: 0x00400000

I suspect it's falling under this catch-'em-all key in AppleUSBXHCIPCI's Info.plist:

<key>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</key><dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x0c033000</string>
<key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
<true/>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
</dict>

This is with 15B38b, and the port-limit remover binary patch

@PJALM
I don't know if it is the right place, but the patch for HD4600 in PJALM Graphics repo is messed up, missing the "Rename the GFX0 of the iGPU" part and, after "Device injection for the Intel HD46000", there is an incorrect HDAU injection.
The other (for 2500/3000/4000) are fine but not injecting HDAU for onboard-1.
I apologize in advance if I say something stupid.

Ok finally I found my working USB port and add them to USB injector.  But now I cant reach my any USB port and Bluetooth. Everything now disabled itself. I cant make it anything.

Here is the my injector and DSDT? Could you please somebody tell whats wrong?

I changed all ECH1-EHC2 and XHC1 to EH01-EH02 and XHC

Then all working USB port add to USB injector from DSDT.

Then add Clover Acpi and kext folder,

Restart machine all locked and didnt worked. 

DSDT and Injector.zip

I decided to remove my original post as I felt I was hijacking this thread.  Plus none of it was particularIy useful in the fact that my damn machine still isn't right.  I had tried a different way, thought that was working, started writing a lengthy guide and found that method wasn't actually working properly either.  I think I may have figured out where I was going wrong, and it was likely due to me overthinking things.

Anyway for now my system is relatively back to normal, so I have changed the guide I wrote to give a basic idea of what I did to get my system up and running and then I also added in a (kind of visual) guide on how to map ports and an example injector kext.  I personally don't need this on my system, but I thought it may be useful information for some out there on different systems.

So to see what I did to get an Intel Series 7 motherboard working, and how to map ports (if you need it) you can find that information here.

Not wanting to hijack this thread though, if there is enough need for it I'll create a new thread and do screenshots etc.

Can you please do this. Some people like myself, are completely inept at this, and it would be great to have a guide for windows.