Clover mess up my motherboard?

XTuga

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

Even if I remover all my HDD and don't have any device connected to my motherboard, I still get those two entries, on the boot menu or in the BIOS.

SRkOt87.jpg

Why and how do why remove it?

Same happen with Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards.

Already try flash the BIOS, put a older or newer version and even remove the battery from the motherboard. Nothing work...

• Like 1

O.K., this may occasionally cause problems. It seems that the Mac OS is using this for storage to remember Kernel panics and the like. I was troubleshooting my non-working build (Gigabyte GA-Z68MZ-D2H-B3, i7-2600) . With only a single SSD connected and running the (Clover EFI USB stick) installer, I reformatted the drive and began to install. On the restart, I got the message about the last Kernel panic. Since the install didn't work, I tried again. This time I downloaded a fresh copy of the U1c bios from Gigabyte and unpacked the .exe file using Keka so that I could extract the U1c BIOS file. I then used the Gigabyte Q-Flash utility to reflash the BIOS. Next time I ran the installer, I got no message about a Kernel panic. I think that reflashing the BIOS is probably the easiest way to solve this issue.

[ultimately I determined that I had an unsolvable (for me) hardware problem after several more install attempts, and attempts to use backup copies that I had made when the system was working and decided to buy a newer system.]