Intel 100 pro Lan card not working

krrr

8 posts in this topic

I have seen hardware list and its mentioned working... evn in forums here... everyone mentions it just works...

why noy mineeee :)

i got Intel pro 100 Lan card ..... on Asus K8N-E deluxe board... using deadmoo ...... and network inst showing...

the built-in ethernet is dimmed/disabled... adn got TWO serials showing up.... are this modems ?? and i got no modem card in it.?

if i select the serial things... and try to configure TCP/IP manually i cant see ... subnet/gateway options.... nd saving connection.. i cant ping to ISP server.

please please please help.

*bump*

i put in realtek card and dlink card too. and this time it recognises but says "unplugged" or disconnected and the cards light dont turn on at all.

common... why is this? am i cursed? all similar cards are working on other ppl's pc.

BTW my spec is.

AMD 64 3000+ (75*)

Asus K8N-E deluxe. (onboard lan not working And i know it doesnt)

Onboard sound (got it working today by a good guide of audio from here)

Sony DVD 7** (double layer) working.

two hard disk. 1- Seagate 80 gb (winxp and partitions) 2)120gb samsung (OSx86 and Centos.). {sometimes mac loads the windows volume and i can read.. sometimes it doesnt read and i see single hard disk of tiger }

i have checked pnp is off. so oses detects everything.

now .. the LAN .. its not working dammit. :) please... someone help me.

Patch by Maxxuss fixed LAN (I think) and got Itunes, Quicktime and Safari working

just read this on some post but he left the maxxuss link .. which is dead... now i need to find this out and see.

------------------------------

update 2

okay .. i found out the hoo hoolah over maxuuss patch due to tpm and the evilness.

now question. can i use this maxxuss patch for my DDing of tiger-flat.img(deadmoo).????

my marklar- boots up and yells at me "hardware config not recongnised by Darwin (x3)." something similar.(and why is that?)

-----------------------------

update 3

Type "sudo ./install.sh"

You will have to enter your password (deadmoo's original is "bovinity")

Follow the instructions (see also FAQ below)

now this is wht i see in the instructions of maxxuss website.

screw it... i am going to use this patch.... i will see.. if my pig flies or my ships sinks... god speed.

(btw this place sucks.. no on in answering me a single damn thing.. this is third thread i hav come up with a q and again i used my powers (ok google) to find it out.)

(btw this place sucks.. no on in answering me a single damn thing.. this is third thread i hav come up with a q and again i used my powers (ok google) to find it out.)

Most members here read and learn while a few shout and demand answers to questions that can easily be found searching the forum. You can't really 'demand' an answer in 15 minutes, especially to a question that has been asked and answered many times at many places. No one here is getting paid to answer any questions, especially repetitive types. You read a lot, you learn a lot and you try to answer questions that you could answer.

Cheers, stay well.

My intel 100 pro does not work either

dell 9100

B)

well atleast someone elses card too not working. lets see .

You read a lot, you learn a lot and you try to answer questions that you could answer.

but a quickfire tips by member who have got it workings feels sweet. mayb when its all working they leave visiting this site. :(

-------------------------------------------------

anyway. my pig flied so-to-speak i patched with maxxuss one and rebooted. itunes runs now wuhoo. but does crash the whole system on heavy load. but stillllllllll no cards detected.

i wish someone tells me how to code a driver? i am linux person (hosting server admin) and codings is my forte (well bash scripts i mean) so. wont hurt if someone tells me how to code a driver.