Wich is the best graphic card?

Macoso

11 posts in this topic

Sapphire Ati Radeon x1600 AGP with 256MB Vram or 512MB Vram if you also use it in XP (in Mac only 256MB recognized).

billy,

can you get dual monitor or dvi working with that card? b/c i have one and neither of those work...

If I use nVidia 6200TC 256MB, will it work?

Not with acceleration. search the forums for macVidia, I think someone wrote a driver that gives some help with a few nVidia cards, but even then it's not full. ATI x1600s are the easiest some people have x1800 and x1900s (I think) working. x1600 is the cheapest though, and they work quite well

To a previous poster, I have the Saphire x1600 pro (but PCIe version) and I have VGA only as well. I can use a DVI to VGA converter and get the same image on two monitors but that's about it. The only way to get dual displays is a GMA 950 and an ADD2 card

• 2 weeks later...

i have gma950 (256mb) on my mobo, but would like to upgrade to the most compatible best running gfx card for osx.

which card should i get? most of the x1600xt cards seem to be EOL at the moment, i have ordered them from lots of different shops for the past 3 weeks and all have come back with the message that the card is EOL.---

does anyone know if the vivo function works with mac? doubt it but i'd be intresting.

anyway please let me know if there is a card currently on the market that works better than what I already have.

cheers!

:rolleyes:

osxG

HIS has just released a new low profile version of the X1600 Pro card, the HIS X1600Pro 512MB HyperMemory, which they class as a single slot low cost solution. The card is mainly aimed at use in media centre PC's or small form factor PC's, as it only needs one PCI-Express slot and has a low profile PCB.

The card supports DirectX 9.0c, Shader Model 3.0 and ATI's AVIVO technology. As the card features HyperMemory II it is possible to use part of the system's memory as graphics memory to enhance graphics performance. The GPU is clocked at 500MHz, the 128MB DDR2 runs at 400MHz (800MHz DDR).