why clover.iso does not work after mounting in grub4dos?

deek5

11 posts in this topic

hello all, why clover.iso does not work after mounting in grub4dos?
mounting in grub4dos:
find --set-root /clover.iso
reply (hd0,1)
map --mem /clover.iso (hd32)
map --hook
rootnoverify (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)
boot
the attempted launch is good, but nothing happens.
Thank you for your insightful responses

CLOVERISO is intended to start immediatly after BIOS, not after grub4dos. A difference may be in dl register, in CPU mode, in hardware state...

A good developer should study all of these questions. 

It is not grub's fault but Clovers boot file as it does not see or find EFI folder on cd and for me does not work even if it is started from bios as it only finds CLOVERX64.efi in hard disk.If i delete EFI folder or clover file in HDD it does not start.

• Like 2

Thank you, it is exactly that, grub4dos only serves to mount a imagedisk (which has the virtue, once mounted, to HDD or CD) (iso, vhd, img) and then move on to the Boot Sector HDD or CD, virtual (the BIOS of a PC admits virtualize HDD). The boot sectors are exactly the same as those used on a normal HDD.

Grub4dos One can very well use to start a partition where Clover is installed
for example if clover is installed on disk1s1
grub4dos to just type
rootnoverify (hd1,1) (if the system is not known by grub4dos ex : Mac Os X)
chainloader (hd1,1) +1 (chaining boot partition sectors 1 and read 1 block)
boot boot the system.
It works fine.

For Vhd or Iso with Chameleon is perfect.
  Chameleon knows list all HDD recognized by BIOS.

The Boot clover recognizes that disk (HDD, CD, USB) real not virtual hardware.

I use EasyBCD's GRUB4DOS to chainload Clover from the legacy Windows 7 bootloader - see guide here.

I've also successfully loaded the Clover iso with EasyBCD's grldr using this procedure...

post-846696-0-80513700-1436620288_thumb.png

EDIT

It is not grub's fault but Clovers boot file as it does not see or find EFI folder on cd and for me does not work even if it is started from bios as it only finds CLOVERX64.efi in hard disk.If i delete EFI folder or clover file in HDD it does not start.

True.  G4D passes control to boot0af-->boot1f32-->boot6 (CloverEFI) on the ISO, which looks for CLOVERX64.efi on the hard disk instead of its own CloverX64.efi.  Note AFAIK, you can't directly chainload CloverEFI from G4D, you need to do it via Clover's MBR(boot0xx) or PBR(boot1xx).

You can simply boot clover from bootmgr with this bcd entry \boot0md without grub as you dont have to specify hard disk or partition you just let boot0md find clovers boot file.

Thanks, I already knew this.

boot0md requires the system partition on the target chainloaded disk to be flagged as active (OK if you are using an MBR or hybrid MBR/GPT disk but I prefer a "pure" GPT/protective MBR disk layout with no active partitions).

Also G4D gives more control on exactly which Clover/Chameleon MBR/PBR you chainload to (say you had >1 disk with Clover &/or Chameleon installed)...

You can simply boot clover from bootmgr with this bcd entry \boot0md without grub as you dont have to specify hard disk or partition you just let boot0md find clovers boot file.

Edit:About your second procedure (boot clover.iso) it does not work for me in both my computers and the funny part is that  with your option it does not even goes the half way as it does not find the boot  file it gets stuck to blinking 5.

• Like 1

Hi, this is what I write, once the boot file to start clover nothing happens because it is on a virtual disk and the boot file of clover does not recognize disk viirtuel.
By cons, if you have a partition or USB drive containing the boot file of clover and boot sectors of the partition (boot1h) you can start from grub4dos clover. With boot0md thank you for the information, but this can not be done with virtual disk or Iso.
What I want is to start Clover from a VHD or ISO.
Thank you for your information and your responses.

Re Goodnight; I just tried with boot0md in bootmgr windows, and luckily know is that one gets the same result as chain0.
is that a boot file search and be the first one it finds good.
the concern is that I can try that with chameleon boot file and boot file clover and every time it finds that the chameleon boot file.
All this of course on real disk. Not on virtual disk.
All this confirms as Clover will not accept the presence of virtual disk, it will not be possible.
This is not a fad; but a real need on the machine can not start with chameleon. And starting with clover external (USB stick or HDD) locks the keyboard and mouse. So it should start from inside
HardWare, Acer Z5610 with (All In One) E5400 Intel and Nvidia 210. This one I know that does not work with Mac OS X; but there are many others.

Thank you to Alexanderq for all the information. But even with only one Windows partition and one partition with Clover, boot0md does not solve the problem.
You can not start without a Clover Boot1h in the boot sector or a real hard disk or USB stick.

Good evening, I just tested and chain0 boot0md with only 1 HDD with one partition Windos 7, one partition Yosemite, one Hfs + partition backup, and. one partition Windows 10 (Beta Version)
After reapplied bootsector.exe (bootsector / nt60 I: /force /mbr) on Windows 7 partition ( I: ),  I was able to have a choice in the BCD for chain0 and boot0md, and having put Clover boot file  on Yosemite partition with the EFI directory, I could start Clover (3241 release). Of course the entries in the BCD with the choice of chain0 and boot0md had been created before with "Visual BCD".
Windows 7 starts well with Clover, the only incident is the keyboard and mouse on the USB ports  No signal.
Windows 10 (Beta) starts very well with Clover, no problem with the USB ports, keyboard and mouse work fine.
Yosemite no problem, everything works perfectly.
My PC Acer Aspire X3900, I3 530, ATI HD5450.
I do not know if for Acer aspire Z5610 (AIO), with ATI HD 4570 I can start Clover  through Windows and if Mac OS X. start

Only regret is that Clover can not recognize and boot from a VHD or ISO .

Thank you all