10.10.4 activated imessage and facetime on my hack out of the blue!

chriz74

10 posts in this topic

I don't know why but after the installation the system asked to insert my icloud pass to use id and facetime, then sent me a code to my iphone and asked to insert it in the imessage in the pc and voilà. imessage and facetime are working. previously I got a code to give to the apple but I never called. Now I am trying to update my laptop on which I never even tried to use imessage.

--- update ---

on the laptop only facetime is working, imessage can't go through.

• Like 3

I think its because they changed the mechanism via which iMessage and FaceTime are activated along with the way Continuity works.. I think now the only required thing is the same AppleID to be used both on an iPhone and Mac.

I'll try it it few minutes, just downloaded Combo update. 

With Clover everything worked fine, but no luck with Chameleon. Only OS X that had impeccably working iMessage with Chameleon, for me, was Mavericks.

Edit: No luck with Chameleon.

• Like 1

--update--

I was able to activate imessage and facetime also on the laptop. I followed this guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302347-clover-imessagefacetime-fix-for-yosemite/

get out of icloud, imessage, facetime, deleted all the imessage / icloud / facetime stuff from disk.

then I created a new smbios and new MLB and ROM (not from real mac).. logged in icloud and voilà imessage is working, it didn't even ask me confirmation through my iphone.

--update--

I was able to activate imessage and facetime also on the laptop. I followed this guide

Yosemite 10.10.4 FaceTime and iMessage works!!... No fix needed!!

I use Clover now, I can't see why anyone would want to use anything else, so I don't know if iMessage and FaceTime are working with Chameleon but definitely after just updating to 10.10.4 it just works 'OOB'

Really excited, though I'm not sure why... I'll never use it! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried for the first time Yosemite (10.10.5) with Clover and everything works, even after random SMBios change. Hope it stays that way! :sorcerer:

Edit: Yeah, it worked for couple of hours... Now it's all ok (SMS, FaceTime...) except iMessage... :thumbsdown_anim:

Update (25.9.) : Everything fine now, out of the blue (but i can still send iMessage only on emails, or if someone messages me first from iPhone. It won't connect phone numbers to iMessage on its own). :thumbsup_anim: