10 posts in this topic

Been 4 years, I am using a Hackintosh laptop. It has become old and may die anytime. Now I am wondering whether to buy a new MBP or go with Hackintosh route again.

I am pretty sure many of you have been in my shoes. So tell me, what did you do?

Surely I would buy a MacBook. Of course preferably a MBP Retina

Stability is incomparable. What I have to think about is price.  :(  In Brazil the Apple devices is a very unfair price.

Surely I would buy a MacBook. Of course preferably a MBP Retina

Stability is incomparable. What I have to think about is price.  :(  In Brazil the Apple devices is a very unfair price.

Even in India also. The prices are really unfair. But problem is there are no cheaper laptops which have good screens/config, like you get in USA. You either get a cheaper laptop which comes with mediocre screen and okayish config Or you spend you a lot to get a good gaming laptop, which comes with graphics card and all. Now if you are not a gamer (like me), you won't have any choice :(

The situation is sad for both of us then.

But if you will buy a Laptop for Hackintosh, i recommend Lenovo or Dell.

Any specific model in Leonvo which has a really good screen?

Problem is my laptop  (Dell XPS) has RGBLED screen and every other screen just looks meh. Dell has discontinued such screens. 

I use Lenovo G480, is very simple model.

The specs is: i5-3210M | 8GB 1600MHz | HD 4000 | Audio - Cx20590 | Wifi - AR9285 | Network - Atheros AR8162 

Everything works OOB (yes OOB), the only thing that doesn't work is the card reader. But for me is not a big deal.

I plan to buy an SSD in the future, so everything will be fine  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...